The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Technical Programme Manager - Omega Projects
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
About the role
Enabling Functions are responsible for bringing out the best in our colleagues by giving them the support they need to perform at the highest level. By helping our core business across diverse parts of the organisation such as Global Operations, Finance, HR, Property, Legal and Procurement to make the most of the latest technological innovations, we have real far-reaching impact across Tesco.
We provide services on a large scale; as the second largest employer in the UK, our teams are responsible for deploying and managing Payroll systems which support over 300,000 people. Our finance systems execute billions of pounds worth of payment transactions each year and in the future, we expect the size of our services to continue to grow.
This is an opportunity for a Technical Programme Manager to lead one of our projects and to deliver step change within our business. You will work closely with our development and product teams, as well as other teams across technology to pull together all aspects of the work to ensure that delivery is fit for purpose and meets the required technology standards as well as delivering the required strategic outcomes.
You will be responsible for
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Deliver programmes with business and/or technical risks
- Optimise or use a standard programme delivery methodology for delivering programme goals (e.g. agile, waterfall, iterative)
- Bring together, coordinate and energise virtual technology teams to deliver programme goals
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan
- Understand trade-offs and resulting impacts; make impacts visible to Product, Infrastructure or Engineering for the right decision to be made
- Managing dependencies, delivery timelines and implementations plans, using your knowledge of technical architecture
- Appreciating and responding to delivery challenges, using your knowledge of engineering best practices and/or infrastructure implementations
- Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
- Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services
- Coach peers and other roles, teaching where required, on methodologies and programme management tools
You will need
You will need
An ideal candidate must have demonstrated below key skills in their current and past roles:
- Managing and delivery of technology project/product/programmes including
- Building and managing plans, with clear transition states/phases, milestones & critical path
- Proactively identifying issues, risks & dependencies, working closely with Product and Engineering teams to resolve, mitigate, transparently track and make visible
- Project/ Programme reporting
- Financial forecasting
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Vendor management and negotiating skills with a keen focus on ensuring they deliver quality
- Verbal and written communication skills
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.