Registering with the Tesco Careers Centre
There are two ways to do it; either directly or via Social Media. See below for more information.
Registration using Social Media
Our recruitment system, like many others, works better on some operating systems than others.
There are also some operating systems that will not work at all with this system. We have identified the main ones that have issues below. We’ll update this list if we become aware of others.
- Internet Explorer version 7 or less - not supported
- Windows (mobile) - you won't be able to upload files and no plugin is available
- iPhones/iPads - you'll only be able to upload files once you have installed a plugin
- Android (mobile) - ensure you have the latest version of KitKat operating system or the previous version of Jelly Bean operating system. Android devices are then supported if you have one of the last two versions of Chrome or Firefox or Opera. If you have any issues then use Chrome, Firefox or Opera.
Applying for a Job
Who can see my information once I have registered?
Your personal details can only be viewed by our recruiters and hiring managers.
Why do you need so much information about me?
When you apply for a role, we will use your profile, alongside any questionnaires that we might ask you to complete, to consider whether you might be right for the role. Also, we may review your profile and invite you to apply for a specific role.
I began an application and decided to save it and finish at a later date. I have come back and I am unable to find a way of getting back to the application to finish it?Please login and go to the Careers Centre. On your dashboard you will see a section called "My job applications" with a Status column, and if a job application is incomplete there will be a link in this column for you to complete your application.
How do I find out the status of a particular job I have applied for?
If you have applied for a job then you will be able to view progress of that job by logging in to the Careers Centre and navigating to your dashboard and looking under the 'My Job applications'. You will find the status in the Status column.
Can I easily see which jobs I have applied for?
Yes - please click on the 'Jobs' tab in the top navigation and scroll down to 'My Job Applications'. This will show all the jobs and the status of all our jobs you have applied for.
Your dashboard will be displayed as the first page every time you log in, and it will show you a snapshot of the latest activity within the Careers Centre. You can also navigate to other areas of the Careers Centre from here.
Log in and registration issues
I am trying to register but I can't read the verification code.
Please click on the 'Change the image' link and try again.
I'm trying to register but the email registering my account never arrived. I tried to re-register but it wouldn't let me, saying my email address was in use.
Please check your email spam/trash folder. If you are unable to find the email please click on the forgotten password link on the login page and follow the instructions.
I have registered with the website but have not received an email yet, I have checked my spam box and there is nothing in it either.
Please make sure you have used the correct email address. You should also try using the "forgot password" tool to help you recover your account. You can do this by clicking on the forgotten password link on the login page.
I already work for Tesco do I need to register?
Yes, all applications must come through the Careers Centre. Please tell us that you are a current Tesco colleague in your profile.
What if I forget my password?
Please follow the steps below:
- Go to the login page of the Careers Centre
- Click the "Forgot Password?" link.
- Enter the email address you use to sign in to the Careers Centre and click the 'Submit' button.
- If the email address you entered above refers to a registered user, we will send you an email notification that will have a link to reset your password.
- Open your email (please check in your trash or junk folder as well) and follow the instructions
Why do I have a profile?
Your profile is the key to finding the right role for you at Tesco. The more you tell us about yourself, the more roles we will be able to match you with.
I'm having problems uploading my photo
There is a 2MB file size limit for your image and it must be of file type .jpg .png or gif. If your image is of a different type or is larger than 2MB then you may experience problems uploading it.
Technical and General issues
The display on the site isn't allowing me to see all the text and pictures – why is this?
The site has been designed to work with the latest version of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and other browsers. If you are experiencing difficulties with viewing the site you should check which browser you are using. If you are on Internet Explorer 6 or earlier you will need to upgrade your software by visiting the Microsoft update page here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx
What if I have a general question, or I need help that isn't given in this help section?
We have three email addresses to support you as a candidate:
- If you have a question regarding roles in our Stores and Distribution Centres, please contact us via email@example.com
- If you have question regarding roles in our Office, or if you have a general question about roles at Tesco, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org
- For queries relating to graduate, school leaver or apprenticeship programmes, please email: email@example.com
Want to help?
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to tell us of any display issues you are having not mentioned above. Please remember to include the operating system name and version along with the device make/model, as well as the issue that you have including a screenshot if you would like to.
For specific queries relating to graduate, school leaver or apprenticeship programmes, please email: email@example.com