The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Data & Analytics Manager
Job Reference tesco/TP/11331704/789192
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Analytics Capabilities team consists of the Analytics Product Managers, Data and Business Intelligence Analysts, Software Developers, and Implementation Architects. The team is responsible for defining, prioritising, and delivering the self-serve analytics strategy, user behavioural data tracking and optimisation capability.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Manage and empower a team of data analysts.
- Collaborate with the business and analytics community addressing data analysis and automation questions.
- Develop close working relationship with stakeholders, effectively listening and understanding their needs and applying persuasive skills to influence and inspire others.
- Write code supporting the development of big data-oriented solutions solving complete data integration or analytic use cases with the production-ready precision.
- To support product managers, the data product team, and data scientist in exploring the quality and availability of existing data, discover new data sources, drive exploration of unknown sources and evaluate their central ingestion.
- Maintain the data quality and reliability monitoring of accessed single source of truth data.
- To be able to build dashboards with the tools at our disposal plus bespoke python libraries, to support the data community when advanced dashboarding is requested.
- Assist in keeping our Business Glossary live, standardised and relevant.
The role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make a change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
The successful candidate will have a tenacious can-do, will-do mentality. Whilst being personally robust and willing to challenge the status quo, you will work closely with other team members and must be able to bring people with you.
You will need
Key Skills and Experience
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Comfort using Hadoop, Teradata and manipulating large data sets
- Python programming
- Data exploration and manipulation
- Dashboard building
- Potential to learn ETL production code
- Potential to learn scheduling
- Advanced SQL
- Data structures and database understanding
- Basic statistical understanding
- main probability distributions
- basic testing
- Experience of using Analytics UI e.g., Tableau.
- Solid technical understanding – you will need to be comfortable having technical conversations and know when to lead, when to challenge and when to ask questions
- Testing, measuring, and validating the value of your outputs in live environments
- Bachelor of Math, Science, and relevant experience a plus
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter.
- A natural planner looking ahead, raising issues, providing solutions and meeting deadlines.
- An interest in, and enthusiasm for analytics.
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the business.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.