The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Farringdon
Lead Product Manager – Loyalty & Subscriptions
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Clubcard has flown the flag for loyalty schemes since 1995 and we are busy transforming it into a truly digital programme. Our goal is for the millions of customers across the Tesco Group to express their relationship they get from Tesco and its partners through one simple feeling: I Love My Tesco Clubcard.
It's one of the most exciting times to join the team as we define and re-build one of Britain’s largest loyalty and paid loyalty programmes. The team's made up of experienced professionals, who are passionate about customers. We are looking for a Lead Product Manager to join the team who wants to get on by sharing our ambition to make the difference to our customers. It is a chance to define the strategy for one Britain’s biggest and best loyalty programmes, and great career development opportunities.
The Lead Product Manager will build the product vision, strategy and roadmap for the loyalty team and deliver it across every country Tesco operates in. The loyalty portfolio includes web & app as well as our subscription offerings. The role spans the whole product lifecycle, works with our Bengaluru based development team and may include travel to Ireland, Central Europe and India
Please reach out if you are an individual who looks for the customer angle amidst technical complexity, naturally unites stakeholders around a vision, and is unrelenting in delivering value as soon as possible to make a real difference for millions of customers across the globe. We want to hear from you.
You will be responsible for
- Have accountability for loyalty product portfolio that involve multiple internal/external stakeholders, and drive product strategy, roadmap and execution for that by leading a team of talented PMs
- Understand my business stakeholders and their pain points and steer my team in the right direction by putting best team members in the most value generating products/ business priorities
- Set clear goals and KPIs for my team members and periodically review all the KPIs owned by the team spanning across multiple products and provide feedback/ suggestions on improving those
- Handle conflicting priorities communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence
- Identify and remove impediments faced by the team by working with my Head of Product/ other stakeholders and proactively flag off any risks/ delays in the commitments
- Contribute in capability and capacity planning for Product Management, for my own Product area to ensure capacity to drive work
- Build and nurture a great team based on the business needs, strategic priorities assigned and level of focus required
- Carry out people routines for direct reports and develop talented people
- Identify and remove impediments to ensure my team is successful in delivering the committed deliverables
- Motivate the team by ensuring they have fulfilling roles
- Conduct fair performance appraisals and provide constructive feedback for my team/ individual to improve and facilitate the development of individuals in the team
- Collaborate with Head of Product to understand future demand and direction of my product
You will need
- I have applied UX/UI disciplines and principles to the products I work on, making sure I design a product that is intuitive and easy to interact with for the customer
- I appraise and analyse the results of customer research and use the results to influence product outcomes and strategic goals.
- I know how diverse personas or customer groups perceive, understand and experience my product in different ways
- I write hypothesis statements and work directly with optimisation managers and/or engineers to set up and execute experiments
- I know how large technology systems should interact with each other and track health metrics (uptime, SLOs, response time, etc)
- I am involved in setting the vision and strategy for my product area and develop and baseline my product's OKRs
- I engage with and am actively involved in market research, leveraging insights to shape the vision and strategic direction of the product in line with business goals and customer expectations.
- I am skilled in using various data types in different situations and know when to use quantitative and/or qualitative data
- I apply the concepts of machine learning and AI to the products I create, working with data scientists and engineers to deliver value through product
- I understand the Product Management lifecycle, product delivery process and the importance of an Agile mindset to discover, design, define, develop and deliver small increments of the most important opportunities that will drive growth and value for my product
- I understand the importance of using data to prioritise and adopting a consistent approach to prioritisation
- I know how to use relevant tools to produce and update roadmaps for my product
- I understand the importance of a product roadmap in creating buy-in from stakeholders and other teams
- I understand my business, including the key commercial drivers, business metrics and performance indicators, and can play a part in the decision-making process.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.