The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Senior Product Manager - Cost Service
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
About Technology Change
To transform how we buy and manage products for Customers, seismic change is underway here at Tesco and the Technology Change team sits at its heart.
Supporting the business to define how our colleagues work with each other and with our partners, ensuring processes are simple, standard and effective; we are accountable for the creation of leading technology Products which embed this best practice.
Joining our product team, you will have the opportunity to contribute in a very real way to Tesco’s purpose of serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day.
About the role
The Cost Service provides a critical role in managing the costs between Tesco and its supplier partners. As a core business API, the Cost Service will become the single source of cost data and cost agreements.
By providing a platform to understand the breakdown of our costs, the service will enable Tesco to predict and respond to inflating and deflating markets, whilst enabling other teams to engineer applications to optimise value for Tesco, supplier partners and customers.
As the Senior Product Manager, you will join at a great time to create the vision for the product, help define the domain of cost and be responsible for building a new strategy for the transformation of handling costs across the Tesco business.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
Reporting to the Lead Product Manager you will demonstrate your skills as a master Product Management practitioner:
- Owning a core application, you will build strong relationships with internal/ external stakeholders
- Engage with your stakeholders to formulate the vision, define the strategy and long-term roadmap for your product and execute it well by constantly managing your stakeholder’s expectations, working through dependencies and requirements across multiple products/ teams
- Define the product’s Objectives and Key Results, measure and react to them
- Effectively present the vision, roadmap, OKRs and execution plans (release/ sprint plans) for your product
- Understand key user personas, customers and stakeholders for your product and their pain points
- Manage the backlog and steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with your engineering counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance criteria and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team (s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
- Provide support and coaching to Product Managers as well as peers
- Prioritise, co-ordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently
You will need
- Prior ownership of an API Product
- Deep knowledge of product management best practice and methodologies.
- Proven success of having managed a product that led to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders/business.
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly.
- Strategic drive and execution combined with great stakeholder management skills
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools and Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of software development methodologies and processes.
- A methodical and analytical approach, great problem-solving skills and providing logical answers to complex problems.
- Good prioritisation techniques to refine and groom your feature backlog regularly.
- Handling conflicting priorities well, communicating clearly and understanding how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented and opinionated team.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.