Product Manager - Task
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
As a Product Manager, you are experienced in product management practice having guided multiple product enhancements from inception through to implementation and optimisation. You have ownership for a large product that involve multiple internal/ external stakeholders and you drive product strategy, roadmap and the execution for them.
You work mostly with other members of product team - UX designers, Senior Product Managers and engineers, as well as with your product stakeholders.
About the Task Product Team:
Task is a newly formed initiative looking how we can allocate tasks efficiently to colleagues across store, depot and fulfilment operations, optimising based on location, skillset and priority. This enables Tesco to optimise routing or combine multiple routines using advance data science algorithms. We are building out a set of data science models which underpin an enterprise API to drive operational efficiencies & serving our customers and colleagues as effectively as possible. This role provides an opportunity to join a product in the early stage of its lifecycle, defining product strategy & roadmap, setting priorities for engineering and data science scrum teams, whilst engaging with technology and business stakeholders on how we can re-imagine operations across Tesco.
You will be responsible for
- Have ownership of a Product involving multiple internal/ external stakeholders and drive the Product strategy & execution for it
- Engage with my stakeholders to formulate the vision, strategy and long-term roadmap for my product and execute it well by constantly managing my stakeholders expectations, working through dependencies across multiple products/ teams
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for my product and their pain points really well
- Understand and demonstrate all of the features of my product to different audiences within and outside of my immediate product team
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
- Steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with my engineering counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort
- Am accountable for the performance/ adoption of my product and work towards increasing it
- Lead discovery work around minimum viable product (MVP) for any new product/feature, collaborating with user experience (UX) and engineering teams to prototype and validate the MVP
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team (s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
- Monitor competitor activity and overseas market trends
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and engineering stakeholders
You will need
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice & methodologies.
- Proven success of having managed a complex product that led to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders
- Understand User Research/ Design Thinking concepts and applied those for your product work.
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools & Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management.
- Knowledge and experience of software development methodologies and processes.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.