Product Operations Lead
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
• Annual bonus scheme where you can earn 10-20% of base salary
• Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
• On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
• Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
• Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
• Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
• Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a household member) after 3 months service
• Colleague Discounts:
• 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
• 10% off One Stop
• 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
• 20% off all F&F purchases
• 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
• 25% off Tesco Café
• 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
• 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
• An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
• Cycle to work scheme
• Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
• Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
• Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
• Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
• Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
You'll be joining Agile Product & Operations – a team charged with driving excellence in Technology, by building communities, developing best practice and simplifying how we work. As Product Operations Lead, you’ll manage a team focused on driving the effectiveness of Product Management teams across multiple functions, enabling these teams to thrive. As a relatively new discipline within both the business and industry, this is fantastic opportunity to establish and grow our Product Ops practice.
You will be responsible for
- Lead a diverse Product Ops team, mentoring and motivating team members, ensuring they all have fulfilling roles.
- Develop and define our Product Ops practice – the playbook and tooling, with an eye on automation.
- Understand our Product Functions and their pain points extremely well and steer the team in prioritising in the most value generating initiatives.
- Defining and tracking Product Ops objectives, ensuring all team members have clear focus.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding agreed Product Ops OKRs or KPI improvements.
- Collaborate with Head of Agile Product & Operations Tech Leadership to understand future Product Ops demand / growth opportunities.
- Supporting the team in identifying and removing impediments, proactively flagging any risks to stakeholders.
- Lead our large-scale quarterly planning process, working with partners across the organization to capture priorities and create focus/alignment for over 90 tech teams.
- Lead on reporting processes including Product Reviews.
- Being hands on in supporting specific Product Management Teams, pioneering change activities that drive Product Capability.
- Building trust and rapport, running engaging workshops and retrospectives to capture and incorporate the best insights and thinking of others.
- Fostering a centre of excellence and evangelise best Product Management practice across the teams in collaboration with the Agile Product Coaching Team.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making within senior-level audiences.
- Actively contributing as a role model within the Agile Product & Operations Team.
You will need
- 5+ years in a Product Development role e.g. Ops Manager, Delivery Lead, Project / Programme Manager, Agile Coach, Product Manager, etc.
- 2+ years of experience leading operations of large cross-functional and interdisciplinary working groups in a product org, including people management.
- Strong knowledge Product Management concepts / principles / practices.
- Experience setting up programs, processes, tools and frameworks from scratch.
- Experience building productivity and automation tools.
- Experience working independently in a fast-paced environment, navigating complexity to deliver valuable outcomes.
- Effectively working with a broad range of stakeholders, including senior stakeholders, to understand issues, gather feedback and create alignment.
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Aha! and Miro.
- Desirable: BCS Practitioner in Agile certificate.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.