Assistant Buyer - F&F (Permanent and Fixed Term roles)
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
You will be a key part of the buying team, supporting your Buying Manager to ensure F&F customers can buy beautiful products that are great quality at the right prices.
Please note we have 2x fixed term contracts and 2x permanent opportunities available
You will be responsible for
- Providing support to keep the function running smoothly
- Preparing information, product or analysis (including Monday trade)
- Conducting regular store/website visits to understand our competition ranges and prices and to help shape our future product and range requirements.
- Identifying new product opportunities and understanding how to work through the different stages of product development from concept to production in order to to bring new products to the ranges.
- Active involvement in range building process to support my manager to deliver great products and great ranges hitting all the key meeting milestones.
- Negotiating (with support from your manager) prices across multiple products.
- Understanding product components, technical requirements, sourcing and supply chain issues and commercial margin parameters.
- Liaising with HUBs and suppliers to monitor critical path taking actions to ensure on time delivery
- Day-to-Day management of Buying Administrators within the team, developing both their technical and leadership skills
- Understanding and supporting the departmental sourcing strategy.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
- Clothing retail experience
- Product development and sourcing experience
- Range building skills
- Report preparation and analysis skills
- Ideally line management responsibility
- Data analysis and numeracy skills
- MS Office
Key teams/people you will work with:
- Assistant Designers
- Assistant Merchandise Planners
- Technical managers
- HUB teams and suppliers
People, budgets and other resources you will be responsible for:
- Day to day management of Buying Administrators
- Range building alongside your Buying Manager
- Supporting with the department strategy (range for the future as well as sourcing)
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work!
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business and we would love to hear from you!
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.