Lead Product Manager - Supplier & Partner Services
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
• Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 3.5% of base salary
• Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
• On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
• Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
• Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
• Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
• Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a household member) after 3 months service
• Colleague Discounts:
• 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
• 10% off One Stop
• 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
• 20% off all F&F purchases
• 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
• 25% off Tesco Café
• 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
• 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
• An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
• Cycle to work scheme
• Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
• Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
• Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
• Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
• Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
The Supplier & Partner Services product team is part of Tesco’s APIs, Data and Enterprise Tools organisation. A group of Agile Product Manager experts dedicated to developing the enterprise and data services used throughout Tesco to enable all of our transaction experiences, in support of the customer, supplier and business outcomes and key results that they enable.
As a Lead Product Manager reporting to the Head of Product for Supplier and Partner Services, you will be responsible for working with your team of Product Managers to define and execute the vision and strategy for supplier & partner capabilities via our Enterprise API’s, along with their dependencies across the Tesco Group internationally. Experience working with API products as well as excellent stakeholder management and communication skills will be key, as you work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and deliver on the right outcomes in this domain whilst balancing the needs of multiple business areas.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures;
- Have accountability for a complex product domain, and drive product strategy, roadmap and execution for that by leading a team of talented PMs.
- Accountable for identifying the key measures of success (OKRs) and the resulting performance / adoption of my product(s)
- Relentlessly seek to understand the needs and pains of your customers and business stakeholders.
- Prioritise roadmaps and decisively resolve trade-offs with peers and senior leaders.
- Build and nurture a great team of Product Managers, empowering them to perform beyond their own expectations, by removing barriers and creating the right context for their success.
- Carry out people routines for direct reports to develop their potential.
- Work alongside research, design, analytics and engineering teams to design and develop solutions to solve real user needs.
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team (s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
- Relentlessly measure and communicate value created to all stakeholders, all of the time.
- Work as part of a wider product team, with a culture for shared goals, helping out where appropriate as the need arises.
Actively participate in recruiting, for your team and others across the organisation, to develop those around you and to raise the calibre of product signal throughout the org.
You will need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A methodical/ analytical approach and great problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools & Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly
- Great presentation and persuasion skills
- Empathy and good listening skills to understand the needs/ pain points of your customers/ stakeholders
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management.
- Knowledge and experience of current software development methodologies and processes.
- Understanding of User Research/ Design Thinking concepts
- Numerate and confident handling data.
- Ability to develop and execute a vision and strategy for a complex area in collaboration with peers and gained buy-in from senior stakeholders.
- Experience leading, coaching and developing high-performance product management teams.
- The ability to influence without authority
- Great people skills and can gain respect and trust of team members and others working with you
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability towards your product and team in line with your vision.
- Have managed by OKRs and both motivated and held team accountable to the impact of their work.
- Aspirational pragmatism, driving towards an ideal future while allowing for shorter term value creation.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.