This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
About the role
The demands on Tesco’s supply chain have never been greater. Our customers want more flexibility in the way they shop along with an ever-growing range of products.
When you start with the team we expect you to quickly make a difference, taking accountability for work that influences what happens in all our stores across the UK. With millions of customers each week our store colleagues will be relying on you to exercise your responsibilities with skill and dedication.
We are looking for analytical problem solvers, energetic & creative thinkers, people who are passionate about our products and customers.
We hugely value our colleagues. We believe in and invest in a culture of learning, improvement and personal development. We encourage an inspiring, honest and fun culture in which you are supported to become the best you can be, whilst also being yourself at all times.
You experience the challenge of being part of a global operation, along with the opportunity to strategically influence and transform one of the UK's most important businesses.
Space: The team decide the mix of space we allocate to product groups in our stores based on business strategy, customer demographic, locations and shopping mission.
Range & Merchandising: Working alongside our buying teams we build the best product displays which are easy to shop for customers, but also operationally efficient for colleagues.
You will be responsible for
- Developing a deep understanding of how the retail industry works and why.
- Understand market trends to identify and deliver space changes across our retail estate ensuring the best proposition for our customers whilst improving our £/sq.ft return]
- Report data accurately and turning it into useful information which has context and supporting narrative.
- Use a combination of data and business understanding to turn data into insight, understanding and validating or challenging commercial objectives, designing creative solutions to do what is right for the business and the customer.
- Articulate the opportunity, insight, or project clearly and flexing style to engage with empathy and conviction.
- Understand how we introduce new initiatives into the business, leading the market on innovation (e.g. Plant Protein).
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
Demonstrated experience of:
- Data Analysis.
- Root Cause Analysis.
- Process Improvement.
- Project management.
- Financial Acumen: cost and benefit tracking.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, a self-starter.
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you!
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.