Assistant Merchandise Planner GM
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
You will be a key part of the Merchandising department, supporting your Merchandising Planning Manager to ensure our product arrives at the right place and at the right time.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date
You will be responsible for
- Assisting in the departmental range building process (incl.collating and analysing data for strategy packs and range sign offs) to deliver sales, stock and profit targets
- Contributes to strategy and trade meetings with information based on fact and intuition.
- Ensuring the CRST systems accurately reflect the range build for launch in line with critical path
- Supporting the department range launch critical path (incl. post launch reviews)
- Feeding into the promotion and events trade plan (incl. managing nomination process in line with budget.
- Updating and maintaining all ranging/ merchandising systems/ trackers
- Ensuring that our pricing is administered within agreed timescales, adhering to pricing policy
- Identifying and managing exit of lines from the business including escalating impact on all KPI's
- Realising and creating awareness of the departmental WSSI forecasting (at sub group level to small department level), highlighting risks and opportunities and managing KPI's Vs budget.
- Preparing Monday Trade Analysis reports and undertaking follow up actions
- Reviewing performance Vs. all KPI's highlighting risks, opportunities and proposing actions
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
- Experience in an FMCG retailer
- Report preparation skills
- Data analysis and numeracy skills
- MS Office (esp Excel)
Key People and Teams you will work with:
- Merchandise Planning Managers
- Customer Proposition Analysts
- Assistant Buyers
- Finance Managers
People, Budges and Resources you will be accountable for:
- Trade plan performance Vs forecast
- Sales/Profit/Stock for relevant areas.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting, then we'd love to hear from you!