Warehouse Operative - Widnes DC
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
About the role:
Deliver more than just groceries.
A warehouse team where everybody is welcome!
Your role will play a huge part in making sure our stores get what they need so our customers can have what they want, when they want it.
You’ll get the chance to work in a part of our business that is exciting, diverse and ever-growing.
Being a vital part of our warehouse operations means that you help your store colleagues to serve our shoppers better every day.
You’ll meet great people, learn new things and be part of an expert team.
Whether you are looking for stability or flexibility to suit your lifestyle, or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
You will be responsible for:
Having a key role in supporting our store colleagues by making sure orders are assembled correctly
Picking and manually handling stock
Maintaining a clear and tidy warehouse and ensure any potential hazards are dealt with safely, quickly and efficiently.
Making sure stock is received, stored, packed and transported according to the highest standards
Taking responsibility for your own and others safety whilst at work
Using tools provided and training material provided efficiently
Using your Mechanical Handling Equipment efficiently
Working both independently and as part of a team
You will need:
- To have passion about delivering great customer service.
- Energy to enjoy the buzz of working in a demanding yet rewarding environment.
- A driven and keen attitude to learn new skills as well as thriving whilst working in a supportive team.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- The ability to adapt to working in a fast-paced ever-evolving environment.
- And lastly be happy to go that extra mile.
What’s in it for you?
As a Warehouse Operative at Tesco we offer excellent benefits and rewards.
You will enjoy but aren’t limited to:
- Colleague Discount Card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% discount at One Stop and Tesco Café
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Subsidised canteen
- Uniform provided
- An annual bonus scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
- The Tesco Retirement Savings Plan – save between 4% and 7.5%, and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join ‘Buy As You Earn’ after 3 months, and ‘Save As You Earn’ after 1 year
- Career development opportunities including LGV apprenticeships
If this sounds like a team you want to be part of, apply now!
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
Shift Pattern: Various Shifts Available
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.