Customer Assistant - Checkouts
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
Customers are at the heart of everything we do. It takes lots of different people to run a store and this is a job for doers, with plenty of variety. Within one shift you could be guiding a customer to a product, serving on the checkouts, helping to fill shelves, taking a delivery or moving stock around the warehouse.
It’s a committed role, full of everyday challenges, but that’s one of the things that makes it so rewarding.
Whether you are looking for flexibility to suit your lifestyle or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
You’ll be someone with great communication skills and works well in a team, while being ready to roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed to give our customers great service.
We’ll be depending on you, as the face of Tesco, to Serve Britain’s Shoppers a Little Better Everyday:
- Get to know your customers, greet them with a smile and serve them with pride
- Take time to listen, and help out wherever you can
- Make decisions that are right for our customers
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and services
- Always be there, on time and properly presented.
We’re proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life to help improve and develop our team every day.
What’s in it for you?
As a Customer Assistant at Tesco we offer excellent benefits and rewards.
You will enjoy but aren’t limited to:
- Colleague Discount Card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- 10% discount at One Stop and 25% discount at Tesco Café
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Uniform provided
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
- The Tesco Retirement Savings Plan – save between 4% and 7.5%, and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join ‘Buy As You Earn’ after 3 months, and ‘Save As You Earn’ after 1 year
If this sounds like a team you want to be part of, apply now!
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
Shift Pattern: Various Shifts Available
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leavers age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit the following link; https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school
Please note that we can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6am or after 10pm or involves working in areas such as the Backdoor, Beers Wines & Spirits, Counters or the Colleague Restaurant.