The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Systems Engineer II – Platform Integration
What’s in it for you
We’re all about the little helps. That’s why we give our wonderful colleagues bags of benefits. Including wellbeing services, an award-winning pension scheme and much, much more, our colleague reward package keeps on giving. And helps make every day a little better for you and your family. These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 20% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus Bank holidays)
- Buy holiday salary sacrifice scheme (for salaried roles)
- Private medical insurance
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- 26 weeks maternity and adoption leave (after 1 years’ service) at full pay, followed by 13 weeks of Statutory Maternity Pay or Statutory Adoption Pay, we also offer 4 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- The right to request flexible working from your first day with us
- Free 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- A Colleague Clubcard for you & a family member (after 3 months of service), giving you access to lots of discounts in-store & online
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click Here to read more about the full range of benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
Tesco Technology are looking for a Platform Integration Engineer reporting into the Platform Engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated platform or automation engineer to join the team.
You will be responsible for
The role will involve helping make step change improvements to our private cloud environment, whilst obsessively automating away operational burden. You will also be involved in building and developing standards and patterns for our engineering community.
Your key skills must include scripting, coding and automation as an enabler for our engineering teams to create new systems for scalable deployments and mission-critical operation of applications utilising IaC. Your role will have a focus on high availability, simplicity and scale, working comfortably within a collaborative, agile environment and using data to drive conversations and decisions.
There is a mix of software, systems and automation engineering, networking, data, and DevOps engineering in the role.
This is an individual contributor role that does not require people management.
You will need
- Working in an Agile team and can contribute to agile ways of working.
- Keen to cultivate a culture of collaboration, innovation and bringing industry standards to everything we do.
- Understand core components of infrastructure eg Windows, Linux, Security, Networking and Storage along with cloud native technologies.
- Knowledge of VMWare, vRA, vRO.
- Exposure or understanding of CI/CD pipelines and how these feed into a micro services architecture.
- Any experience of working within a DevOps, Cloud or SRE type function, with a focus on availability, reliability and automation
- Experience designing and working with fault tolerant, highly available, high traffic/throughput, distributed, scalable systems.
- Any knowledge or exposure consuming or working with REST API’s
- Any knowledge or exposure to containerisation platforms like Kubernetes (Tanzu or AKS).
- Any knowledge or exposure to Chef, Ansible, Jenkins or Terraform.
- Interpersonal skills and relationship building, will be a key part of this role. You instinctively work in a collaborative way and are comfortable working with a wide range of colleagues.
- Have a passion for technology and can share that passion with others.
- Proactive and able to operate independently. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Flexible but persistent. You push for us to do the best for our customers and balance this with a sense of pragmatism when needed.
- You are resilient – you take ownership of seeing issues through to resolution whilst looking after yourself to be at your best.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. If you are applying internally, please speak to the Hiring Manager about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.