The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Product Manager – Merchandising Apps
What’s in it for you
We’re all about the little helps. That’s why we give our wonderful colleagues bags of benefits. Including wellbeing services, an award-winning pension scheme and much, much more, our colleague reward package keeps on giving. And helps make every day a little better for you and your family. These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 20% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus Bank holidays)
- Buy holiday salary sacrifice scheme (for salaried roles)
- Private medical insurance
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- 26 weeks maternity and adoption leave (after 1 years’ service) at full pay, followed by 13 weeks of Statutory Maternity Pay or Statutory Adoption Pay, we also offer 4 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- The right to request flexible working from your first day with us
- Free 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- A Colleague Clubcard for you & a family member (after 3 months of service), giving you access to lots of discounts in-store & online
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click Here to read more about the full range of benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
We have an amazing opportunity to join Tesco as the Merchandising Apps Product Manager, within the Space, Range and Merchandising team where our mission is to ensure customers can get what they want, when they want and how they want, whether that is in their local store or online, in the UK or elsewhere
Merchandising our products is core to Tesco operations, enabling customers to complete their shopping missions with ease whilst also showcasing product ranges that will engage, inspire and delight customers and differentiate us from our competitors. Our focus in Technology is to transform the existing process, simplifying and improving the user journey, building automation into solutions and using data science to transform how display principles are executed in stores. It is an exciting time to join the team, as our transformation programme begins. You will have a central tole to play in creating and shaping the strategy and helping to realise our ambitions across space, range and merchandising.
Reporting to the Lead Product Manager, you will work alongside other product managers, designers, engineers and 3rd party partners, managing the development of new and existing applications across the merchandising space. You will define and execute the vision and strategy for your product and build the roadmap, across the UK, ROI and Central Europe regions, prioritising development to drive value and ensure a seamless user experience.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who can demonstrate a passion for solving problems, working collaboratively, and embracing technology and change in what is an exciting and complex area.
You will be responsible for
- Contribute to the product vision, strategy and long-term roadmap for the product and execute it well by constantly managing the stakeholder’s expectations and considering dependencies across multiple teams.
- Accountable for the performance of the product and achieving the Outcomes and Key Results (OKRs), relentlessly measuring, and communicating value to stakeholders.
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for the product and their pain points.
- Work alongside research, design, analytics, and engineering teams to design and develop solutions to solve real business needs.
- Drive experiments against defined hypotheses, created MVPs towards robust data-driven decisions on product improvements and their influence on product performance indicators.
- Understands product discovery and can establish minimum viable product (MVP) for any new product/feature, collaborating with user experience (UX) and engineering teams to prototype and validate the MVP.
- Present your product and its capabilities/outcomes to other Tesco Product areas and wider teams.
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to engineering teams using user stories and acceptance criteria and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
- Steer sprint planning sessions by working with the engineering counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort.
- Prioritise, co-ordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues.
You will need
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies and strong technical experience
- Technically competent to influence and understand the solution context and approach (legacy, tactical, strategic) and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested
- The ability to build strong working relationships with peers, stakeholders, and teams across the business. Able to leverage these relationships to build consensus, drive change, and deliver value
- Proven track record of owning a product roadmap and executing on product backlogs to achieve Outcomes & Key Results
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. If you are applying internally, please speak to the Hiring Manager about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.