The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Hybrid - Farringdon
Senior UX Designer - Enterprise
What’s in it for you
We’re all about the little helps. That’s why we give our wonderful colleagues bags of benefits. Including wellbeing services, an award-winning pension scheme and much, much more, our colleague reward package keeps on giving. And helps make every day a little better for you and your family. These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 20% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus Bank holidays)
- Buy holiday salary sacrifice scheme (for salaried roles)
- Private medical insurance
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- 26 weeks maternity and adoption leave (after 1 years’ service) at full pay, followed by 13 weeks of Statutory Maternity Pay or Statutory Adoption Pay, we also offer 4 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- The right to request flexible working from your first day with us
- Free 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- A Colleague Clubcard for you & a family member (after 3 months of service), giving you access to lots of discounts in-store & online
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click Here to read more about the full range of benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
As a Senior UX designer at the UK’s second biggest employer, you’ll be shaping experiences that help our diverse colleague and supplier base work better. You’ll discover new opportunities, crafting intuitive and effortless solutions that improve every stage of the colleague and supplier experience.
We have a wide range of specialisms covering 270 different role types, across 84 departments and 10 business divisions. So, it’s all about adapting, growing and embracing challenges.
Our current work includes a fascinating variety of platforms, technologies and experiences, including:
- Lifecycle of a product from development to ranging in stores
- Stock, service, and security operations within our stores
- Colleague lifecycle, capability and development
- Internal communications and colleague networks
Our impact in numbers
Our colleagues use a wide range of devices, applications and systems to do their jobs. We cover broad aspects of our business, including distribution, office, and stores. Our teams are global with many colleagues working in different parts of the world, including the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, India and Central Europe.
- 360,000 colleagues at Tesco globally
- 1,720 colleagues using myProduct suite of apps in UK food, home and clothing
- 270 different role types, across 84 departments and 10 business divisions
- 34 user groups and 17 tools in the Product & Supplier space
You will be responsible for
- Redefine complicated colleague experiences into simple and intuitive solutions' - emphasising the colleague.
- Own the end-to-end design process including discovery, service/user mapping, sketching, wire-framing, low-fidelity prototyping, and testing.
- Champion human-centred design with your stakeholders and the wider business.
- Work within and across agile squads to design, develop and improve the user experience across our digital products.
- Collaborate with UX researchers to help your team develop empathy for our users, including those with a disability, and advocate for their needs.
- Run light-weight research, such as validating designs via A/B testing, unmoderated, usability testing and more.
- Use quantitative data and partner with the analytics team to help inform your work.
- Promote inclusive design practices and deliver accessible designs.
- Measure the impact of your design and contribute to creating a culture that’s making evidence-driven decisions.
- Work together with multiple specialists and stakeholders to find the best opportunities and deliver effective solutions.
- Facilitate partner (business and user) workshops, run appropriate conceptualisation and participatory design sessions.
- Deliver valuable, high-quality and consistent work without sacrificing speed by using our digital design system and its standardised foundations, components, and patterns.
- With support from UI designers in the team, be happy using Figma to create UI designs using the digital design system, build prototypes and test functionality.
- Collaborate with the design system team to help evolve the design system based on user needs.
- Help other disciplines understand the value design can bring to a project to build the best products.
- Provide feedback to other designers to help strengthen your team and Tesco as a whole. You will help your teammates build context, strong decision-making skills, and empathy for our users and customers.
- Embrace the opportunity to line manage other designers and help with their learning and development.
- Work with the Design Manager to cultivate a positive, supportive and inclusive team culture.
You will need
- A strong, well-curated portfolio demonstrating your expertise across web, responsive and native design.
- Prior involvement in high-profile design projects ideally in an enterprise environment.
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design, accessibility).
- A good understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, journey mapping, wire-framing, prototyping, and user testing to achieve human-centred design solutions.
- Proficiency in interaction design for web (desktop and mobile) and native applications
- Experience of designing with accessibility in mind and meeting WCAG 2.1 level AA.
- Experience collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product and engineering.
- Self-motivated and organised with good time management skills.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and subject areas within the organisation.
- Ability to coach, mentor and set standards for ways of working for more junior team members.
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Miro, etc.
- A working knowledge of: Jira, Confluence, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Previous experience in the retail sector is an advantage.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. If you are applying internally, please speak to the Hiring Manager about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.