The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Senior Product Manager - Infrastructure
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- The right to request flexible working from your first day with us
- 26 weeks maternity and adoption leave (after 1 years’ service) at full pay, followed by 13 weeks of Statutory Maternity Pay or Statutory Adoption Pay and we also offer 4 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click Here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
The Infrastructure Engineering team design, develop and operate all infrastructure used by Tesco Technology across our data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres. This encompasses multiple domains; private and public cloud, connectivity, end-user computing, CI/CD and monitoring toolkit. This includes both 3rd party and internally developed infrastructure applications and infrastructure that support the wider Tesco business.
You will be responsible for
Will evolve and drive the product vision, strategy, and the long-term roadmap
• Will proactively partner with peers and senior stakeholders to set the future direction of my product as part of the wider business strategy
• Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for the product and their pain points.
• Am accountable for the performance/ adoption of the product and work towards achieving the Outcomes and Key Results (OKRs)
• Prioritise work and decisively resolve trade-offs with peers and senior leaders
• Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories with acceptance criteria and help the team in breaking down complex work into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
• Steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with the engineering counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort
• Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product teams and engineering stakeholders
• Prioritise coordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently
• Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team (s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
• Be the subject matter expert for my product building on my history of delivering value to customers
You will need
• I engage with and am actively involved in market research, leveraging insights to shape the vision and strategic direction of the product in line with business and Technology goals and customer expectations.
• I am skilled in using various data types in different situations and know when to use quantitative and/or qualitative data
• I understand the Product Management lifecycle, product delivery process and the importance of an Agile mindset to discover, design, define, develop and deliver small increments of the most important opportunities that will drive growth and value for my product
• I understand the importance of using data to prioritise and adopting a consistent approach to prioritisation
• I know how to use relevant tools to produce and update roadmaps for my product
• I understand the importance of a product roadmap in creating buy-in from stakeholders and other teams
• I understand my business, including the key commercial drivers, business metrics and performance indicators, and can play a part in the decision-making process.
• I am able to coach colleagues from all disciplines to have a product mindset enabling them to value centric in their decision making
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. If you are applying internally, please speak to the Hiring Manager about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.