The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Principal Product Manager - Infrastructure
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7,320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 6% - 10% and Tesco will contribute 1.5 times this amount
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Private medical insurance offered by Bupa
- 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- The right to request flexible working from your first day with us
- 26 weeks maternity and adoption leave (after 1 years’ service) at full pay, followed by 13 weeks of Statutory Maternity Pay or Statutory Adoption Pay and we also offer 4 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
Click Here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
The Infrastructure Engineering team design, develop and operate all infrastructure used by Tesco Technology across our data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres. This encompasses multiple domains; private and public cloud, connectivity, end-user computing, CI/CD and monitoring toolkit. This includes both 3rd party and internally developed infrastructure applications and infrastructure that support the wider Tesco business.
You will be responsible for
· Competency Development: Identify the key competencies required for product management in Infrastructure. This could include technical knowledge, market understanding, strategic planning, etc. Develop plans to train and upskill your product managers in these areas.
· Process Standardization: Establish clear, standardized processes for all stages of the product lifecycle. This includes ideation, development, launch, and post-launch management. Standardized processes ensure consistency and efficiency.
· Cross-functional Collaboration: Foster a culture of collaboration between product management and other teams including and architecture, engineering and the broader technology teams.
· Metrics and KPIs: Define clear metrics and KPIs to measure the performance of your product management practice. This could include measures related to product success (like user adoption, revenue, etc.), process efficiency, and team performance. I advise and influence product teams and stakeholders to make sure that product, business and Technology OKRs are delivered I am responsible for developing, advocating and clearly communicating the product roadmap at a strategic/portfolio level to all senior stakeholders and the wider Tesco organisation
· Continuous Improvement: Regularly review and update your capability framework based on feedback and changing market trends. This ensures your product management practice remains relevant and effective.
You will need
- I lead vision and strategy discussions across business and technology for my product domain
- I know how large technology systems should interact with each other and track health metrics (uptime, SLOs, response time, etc)
- I advise on a wide range of market research techiques to understand the factors that influence and impact customer behaviour
- I understand my business, including the key commercial drivers, business metrics and performance indicators, and can play a part in the decision-making process.
- I am able to coach colleagues from all disciplines to have a product mindset enabling them to value centric in their decision making
- I have developed high levels of emotional intelligence and use my empathy skills to influence positively the outcomes of all interactions
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. If you are applying internally, please speak to the Hiring Manager about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.