The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City AL7 1TN
Marketplace Content Executive
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- The right to request flexible working from your first day with us
- 26 weeks maternity and adoption leave (after 1 years’ service) at full pay, followed by 13 weeks of Statutory Maternity Pay or Statutory Adoption Pay and we also offer 4 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click Here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
Marketplace is a brand-new online venture for Tesco, designed to give our customers the opportunity to use our website to shop for a wide range of third-party products in addition to the groceries they already know and love. Our initial focus will be on pet food, health and beauty products and alcohol, and as with other online marketplaces, sellers will fulfil orders directly. Join us on this exciting new journey, and you’ll be a key member of a hardworking, collaborative team that’s delivering on our promise to serve our customers, communities and the planet a little better every day.
Life on the team
As a creative pioneer and inspirational executive, you’ll be an innovative trading manager with your finger on the online retail pulse. The key to the Marketplace team’s success will be its ability to work with many other teams in the wider Tesco family, including Finance, Digital Product and Online Operations. No two days will be the same as you become an expert in your area of the marketplace model. We’re building Tesco’s future, and it’s a future shaped by you.
You will be responsible for
- Mapping products to the relevant categories using our product information management system to ensure range changes land smoothly online.
- Ensure all levels of taxonomy are optimised for SEO search and improve natural visits to the GHS site.
- Monitoring trending null searches and customer feedback to optimize search via the search tool.
- Using analytics to make data driven decisions to optimise Search and Taxonomy; driving customer engagement, conversion and sales categories, brands, trade events, seasonal events and customer shopping missions
- Oversee the on-site content and customer journey so that shopping on Tesco Marketplace is a fun, engaging experience
- Monitor trading performance of Marketplace, including the user experience, seasonal activities and the execution of special campaigns
- Work closely with our third-party sellers to plan and deliver content changes that benefit them, us and our customers
- Work alongside the Marketing team to monitor, optimise and improve our marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with other teams and our media partners to ensure we maximise traffic to Marketplace and drive improvements to SEO
- Maintain positive relationships with digital product, technology and online trading teams to shape content plans and help new customers discover Marketplace
You will need
- Superb data manipulation skills – this means you should be proficient with MS Excel
- The ability to quickly grasp and utilise multiple product systems
- A passion for the online retail shopping experience
- A strong customer focus
- Superb interpersonal, communication, influencing and teamworking skills
Learning and development
Whatever your ambition – we’ll match it. Our skills matrix makes it easy to understand the skills needed for any role, and the role above that. So you can work out where your opportunities for development are, then choose how and when you’d like to develop those skills. In a classroom. Online. Or on-the-job. We’re ready when you are. And if you’re looking to take the lead, our Leadership Programme could be perfect for you. Plus, our People Management courses will help you develop those all-important people skills.
We’re proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We’ve recently moved to hybrid working. We love working from home. But we also love connecting, collaborating and innovating with our colleagues in person. So we mix it up and do a bit of both. Chat to us about how you work best.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. If you are applying internally, please speak to the Hiring Manager about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.