The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Senior Security Engineer
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click Here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
This role is for a hands-on security engineer to use their Linux Security and coding skills to enable Tesco teams to operate securely and to remain compliant to security hardening frameworks. They will also contribute to the prevention and detection configuration on Linux endpoints. This is across a large and diverse estate of technology assets, both on-prem and in public cloud. The security engineer will need to collaborate with security, infrastructure, and wider technology teams across Tesco to reduce the attack surface. These should meet the needs of the business for usability as well as the appropriate level of prevention and detection capability.
You will be responsible for
You will be responsible for developing automation tooling for making Linux systems CIS benchmark compliant and audit the systems for compliance. You will work with the team to also improve the threat prevention and detection capability and secure configuration across the organisation. This includes analysis of existing endpoint security capability and baselines, determining appropriate controls and exceptions, and the creation of new and revisions to existing images and configuration. You will also assist tracking the compliance of systems across Tesco through monitoring and auditing.
You will need
• Strong knowledge of Linux system internals
• Knowledge of security benchmarks such as STIG or CIS benchmarks
• Experience in leading technical automation projects and working with CICD pipelines
• Working knowledge of at least one programming language, including scripting languages such as Python or Bash
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively across cyber security, infrastructure, and software development teams
• A broad understanding of security concepts; an interest and passion for cyber security
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Working knowledge of threat prevention and detection capability
• Experience with IaC tools, such as Ansible, Chef or Terraform
• Experience operating cloud platforms like Azure
• Experience working with containers, cloud infrastructure, cloud security and APIs
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.