The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Hybrid / London Farringdon EC1R 5AR
Senior UX Designer
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click Here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
We are looking for a Senior UX designer driven to build detailed and easy to use products and services for our colleagues & suppliers.
Our talented and collaborative multidisciplinary team is made up of design and research specialists, focusing on supporting users to collaborate more efficiently & make better decisions. You will be a part of the product & supplier team, where you will focus on both new and existing product and service experiences.
You will champion our colleague & supplier’s needs; discover their underlying challenges and work with technology to build and maintain a high-quality and consistent user experience across your domain. With a genuine appetite for sophisticated information, you will have deep experience in user research, facilitation, conceptualisation, and technical implementation, as well as a passion and energy for design and visual communication of your ideas. Insights and data (quant and qual) are what drive our team, and you will use it to support your decisions.
We would love someone passionate about UX, love to understand our people and are excited to improve the experience of colleagues and support their evolving needs.
You will be responsible for
• Redefining complicated experiences into simple and intuitive solutions
• Take ownership of all end-to-end UX process activities, and champion human-centred experience design within the immediate project area and in wider business
• Use appropriate UX research and design methods to deeply understand the user needs, goals, difficulties, and the underlying opportunities to improve our products and services, collaborating with the project team throughout the journey
• Apply deep systems thinking, service design, and think beyond the digital touchpoints or UI improvements as an efficient solution
• Coordinate and conduct user-first discoveries, ethnographic research, as well as other appropriate behavioural and attitudinal research to help advise and evaluate design
• Work with multidisciplinary teams across the business to facilitate business partner (business and user) workshops, run appropriate conceptualisation and participatory design sessions
• Storyboard, sketch, prototype, and craft fabulous UI solutions that have real impact on the day-to-day lives of our users
• Work with feature development teams to make sure that the workflow reflects the user needs and ensure consistency among features and similar tools
• Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new insights to the team
• Work across the company’s multi-platform sites: and support experiences developed based on adaptable design principles while supporting to the development of our design system
• Clearly present various stages of design development to business owners, team members and other business partners.
You will need
• Deep expertise in user research, end-to-end design process, conceptualisation, UI prototyping, user testing, and implementation
• Experience in service design and systems thinking. You can approach design process holistically considering all key touchpoints (digital and non-digital), and are able to think beyond UI design as a go to solution
• Expertise with a range of quantitative and qualitative research methods, and ability to measure design impact
• Expertise in human centred discovery and ethnographic research. You’ll have direct and unlimited access to our users
• Expertise in appropriate research and design methods to deeply understand the as-is, and propose to-be experiences
• Expertise in human factors, user psychology and what makes people tick 2
• Proven understanding of front-end, back-end, and the software development life cycle would be a phenomenal advantage (no coding required)
• Ability to work in partnership with Product Managers, peer UX and UI Designers, and Engineering to align user-centred design vision and activities with our business goals
• Bachelor’s degree or experience in Interaction Design, Computer Interaction, Behavioural Psychology, or another related field
• Proficiency with the following tools: Miro, Figma, and other related software
• Strong UX portfolio highlighting relevant case studies. Displayed experience of user research, deep understanding of existing challenges, and collaboratively producing appropriate solutions are key
• Consistent track record Personal • Flexibility, ability to plan and coordinate, responsiveness, creativity, and a self-starter demeanour
• Able to build working relationships with peers and leadership
• Ability to coach, mentor and set standards for ways of working for team members
• Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and subject areas within the organisation
• This role will best suit an individual who adopts unique abilities of each team member and seeks team effort over individual achievements. Someone who is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral problem solver with an inquisitive mind, who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our colleagues first.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.