The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Head of Data Platforms - Cyber Security
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7,320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 6% and 10% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Private medical insurance offered by Bupa
- 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
Click Here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
As the Head of Data Platforms within our Cyber Security Team, you will play a crucial role in the development, management, and optimisation of our data infrastructure. You will be responsible for overseeing a team of data engineers, architects, and analysts to ensure the seamless collection, storage, and analysis of security-related data. The data platform will be at the centre of our security detections strategy, used by Data Scientists and Security Engineers.
You will be responsible for
Data Platform Strategy: Developing and executing a data platform strategy aligned with our cybersecurity goals, focusing on scalability, efficiency, and data security.
Data Architecture: Design and maintain data architectures that support real-time threat detection, incident response, and advanced analytics.
Data Integration: Manage data integration efforts, including data ingestion from various sources such as logs, network traffic, and endpoint data.
Data Security: Implement and enforce data security best practices, ensuring the protection of sensitive information and compliance with relevant regulations.
Data Quality: Establish data quality standards and processes to ensure the accuracy and reliability of data used for security detections and analysis.
Performance Optimization: Continuously optimise the data platform for performance and cost-efficiency, identifying and resolving bottlenecks.
In addition to the above core accountabilities, I am also responsible for:
- Contributing to and supporting the ongoing recruitment and talent development processes for cyber security talent at Tesco
- Providing reporting and insight to key stakeholders, including the cyber security leadership team and our business leaders and exec
- The management of service providers as required
You will need
Operational skills relevant for this job:
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to correlate and identify trends, patterns, and outliers within large security datasets and telemetry
Experience relevant for this job:
- Leading and coordinating a high performing operational security team(s) of 30+ members and across multiple locations
- Proven experience in data platform architecture, management, and optimisation.
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) and cloud platforms (e.g. Azure).
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and practices.
- Hiring, developing, and retaining cyber security talent.
- Working with all levels of seniority and disciplines within an organisation
- Developing strong working relationships with various business areas to facilitate successful management and resolution of cyber incidents
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.