The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Project Manager - Infrastructure
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click Here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
At Tesco we are managing a huge Infrastructure estate across our global data centres, depots, head offices and 4,500 stores across 5 markets which includes server, storage and network.
We are seeking for an experienced Technical Programme Manager working with international teams across UK, Central Europe and India to deliver Infrastructure projects for all regions where Tesco is present.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Deliver complex programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan, ensuring colleagues and stakeholders from across Tesco are kept up-to-date
- Understand trade-offs in delivery, using experience and influencing skills to drive consensus with our Business, Technology and Engineering teams to obtain the best value and solution
- I’m able to foresee potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion and manage escalations
- I’m able to understand a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Have good knowledge of system engineering and implementations best practices to appreciate delivery challenges
- Collaborate with the Service, Engineering and Product teams to define annual budgetary requirements
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver hardware, software or professional services
Contribute actively to TPM community
You will need
An ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven record of accomplishment in delivering large technology and/or infrastructure programmes across multiple teams in multiple geographies
- Have Experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior management
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills
- Strong vendor management and negotiating skills.
- Good reporting skills for programs and financial forecasting •
- Adept communication & influencing skills and adoptability to changes
- Risk and Issue Management skills
- Accreditation in Project Management (e.g. Prince 2, PMI PMP, MSP) and experienced in ITIL Service Management Framework and Principles
- Solid knowledge of infrastructure (servers, storages, networks and network security)
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.