The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Head of Security Engineering
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7,320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 6% and 10% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Private medical insurance offered by Bupa
- 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
Click Here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
As Head of Security Engineering at Tesco, I am accountable for the design and development of the cyber security technology that enables security operations and the overall defence capability. This includes high performing security engineering teams covering system and event monitoring, detection development, security orchestration, automation and response, and prevention technologies.
I work in an agile manner, responding to the changing threat landscape, and working closely with Product Management and other security teams to ensure that what we are designing and developing is meeting the needs of the organisation. This includes detecting, handling, and mitigating the relevant threats, as effectively and efficiently as possible.
When required I lend my technical expertise and guidance to support security incidents.
Day to day you'll work closely with:
- Head of Security Operations
- Head of Product (Cyber Security) and other product management teams
- Head of Security Testing and security testing teams
- Various Infrastructure teams
You will also be working with:
- Cyber Security Leadership
- Technology Leadership
- Technology System Owners
- Business Process Owners
- Group Risk and Audit
- Managed Service Providers
You will be responsible for
- The design, development, maintenance, and efficacy of the cyber security technology that enables security operations and the overall defence capability for Tesco:
- Monitoring and detection
- Security automation, orchestration, and response
- Prevention technologies
- The technical leadership, guidance, and effectiveness of our security engineering teams.
- Defining and developing the technical roadmap and backlog in collaboration with our cyber security product management function
In addition to the above core accountabilities, I am also responsible for:
- Contributing to and supporting the ongoing recruitment and talent development processes for cyber security talent at Tesco
- Providing technical guidance, support, and expertise in times of crisis / in response to cyber security incidents
- Management of service providers required to deliver our cyber security capabilities
- Ownership of maintenance budgets for suppliers, services and software required to deliver and run security operations at Tesco
- Leading a team of around 30 Security Engineers
- Vendor management
You will need
- Leading and coordinating high a performing security engineering team(s) of at least 10-15 members
- Experience of agile development
- An understanding of product management processes
- Hiring, developing, and retaining cyber security talent
- Cyber security principles, best practises, and IT security controls
- Working with all levels of seniority and disciplines within an organisation
- Developing strong working relationships with other teams to design, develop, implement, and operate cyber security technologies and capability
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong technical and engineering skills, such as from a background in system administration or software engineering
- At least one professional qualification such as CISSP, CISM, SANS, or equivalent
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.