The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Lead Technical Programme Manager - Strategy & Portfolio
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click Here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
As a Lead Technical Programme Manager, you will deliver complex, cross-functional technology programmes that support colleagues and help serve our customers better. They work collaboratively, influence Product, Engineering and business colleagues and lead the programme to deliver value quickly and often.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Lead and delivery programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities
- Managing development: resources, influencing technical direction and coordinating the development of Technology and business facing products.
- Define and track performance against customer and business KPIs
- Managing Risks and Issues and influencing multiple dependent teams
- Establish new or improve existing delivery methodology to deliver the programme goals
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan. Owning the release plan and stakeholder communication and weekly Governance
- Understand trade-offs in delivery, using experience and influencing skills to drive consensus with our Business, Technology and Engineering teams to obtain the best value and solution
- Able to foresee potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion, and manage escalations
- Act on opportunities to adopt trends and new concepts in programme and product delivery
- Able to understand and drive a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Have good knowledge of System, Software and Data engineering and implementations best practices to appreciate delivery challenges
- Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
- Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services
- Coach peers and other roles, teaching where required, on methodologies and programme management tools and coach/mentor on leadership
- Take a leading role in the recruitment process and make final recruitment decisions
- Leading other TPMs in the team and coordinating their plans into wider programme plan
- Play an active leadership role in the TPM guild and community – proactively influencing capability and capacity planning for TPMs
- Have influencing skill using documentation and presentations as tools to find alignment across Technology and Finance stakeholders
You will need
Key Skills and Experience
An ideal candidate must have demonstrated below key skills in their current and past roles:
- A knowledge of Agile methodology and a record of producing positive change in teams
- A proven track record of delivery of complex technology across multiple teams and influencing product, engineering, and business colleagues
- Working effectively with and leading multi-disciplinary teams and understanding how to contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Thinking at a conceptual level across several platforms
- Ability to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
Additional relevant experience:
- Have a proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology across multiple teams in multiple geographies
- Have experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior management & leadership teams
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.