The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Systems Engineer III - Azure
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click Here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
Systems Engineers work with knowledge of specific infrastructure specialism, and responsible for the entire development and support process for that specialism. You’re responsible for delivering quality solutions for colleagues and customers alike, with the impact ranging from saving time, effort or money to re-defining normal.
You have knowledge of latest technology trends, expertise & practical knowledge of the types of systems, infrastructure & applications used within Tesco.
You will be responsible for
In this job, I
- Design and deliver network solutions using existing network infrastructure. Where new Network technologies are being introduced, implement them and establish best practice for their adoption. Resolve incidents and problems associated with the technical area of responsibility.
- Contribute to the Technology Roadmap for Tesco Network Services.
- Evaluate new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact.
- Lead group design discussions on my area of expertise and be able to present with authority to a variety of audiences.
- Collaborate with other technical teams to understand their requirements and assist them consuming Infrastructure in the most seamless way possible.
- Keep my technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, understanding how they might benefit the Technology team and wider Tesco.
- Introduce automation to all aspects of my day to day work
You will need
- Experience designing and deploying solutions for large, complex global organizations
- Analytical and structured approach to design, process and advanced troubleshooting
- Work with Architecture to produce and maintain high quality HLD/LLD and maintain standard documentation for area of responsibility.
- Well organized self-starter who takes personal ownership and accountability at required levels of the work stream and project life cycles; willing to go the extra mile at every opportunity
- Builds and maintains positive relationships within and across teams
- Communicates effectively, able to deliver and present both written and verbal, designs, strategies and concepts clearly.
- Take ownership, to keep up-to-date and embrace the latest industry technologies and associated supplier solutions.
This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organized, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
Required Technology Skills
- Excellent/CCDP levels of practical experience in designing/building, operating large-scale, Multilayer Switching and Routing using current Arista/Juniper/Cisco equipment in a WAN and LAN environments, using technologies like Multicast, Port Channelling, MLAG, FHRP, GLBP, VRF, QoS
- Very good knowledge of Wide Area Networking technologies and protocols, such as MPLS, WAN Optimisation (Riverbed Steelhead or Cisco WAS), CoS, DWDM. Ideally, with experience of dealing with major Global Comms suppliers
- Excellent technical knowledge of ISO/OSI network model, troubleshooting and design. Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, IGRP), DNS, DHCP, IP Address Management and TCP/UDP Port RFC & IEEE 802-based standards
- Cisco/Arista switches deployed in Spine/Leaf topology
- Planning, designing and implementing Microsoft Azure & AWS solutions
- Drive architecture and technical discussion to lead cloud security, privacy, and compliance decisions, scale, performance, agility, HA/DR considerations
- Experience with CI/CD using Azure/AWS DevOps
- Experience with Azure/AWS Governance and Best Practices (Role Based Access Control, Networking Architectures, Cost Management controls, etc.)
- Develops technical roadmaps for future Azure cloud/AWS implementations
- Understands setting up Monitoring and diagnostics on Azure/AWS for a web application
Desirable Technical Skills
- High levels of VPN experience along with associated technologies and protocols e.g. IPSec, Public/Private Key Encryption, TLS/SSL, digital cert techniques like ISA/KMP GRE and DMVPN
- High levels of Load balancing & Global/DNS balancing technologies and techniques, preferably F5 hardware and/or software appliances also Cisco ACE or Citrix NetScaler
- Good understanding of Internet/Web Technologies both hardware and cloud based, like CDN, Proxy/Caching, SSL Offloading/Interception, URL forwarding/re-direction from suppliers like Akamai, Bluecoat, Zscaler
- Good understanding of browser-based technologies and protocols like HTML, HTTP/HTTPS, and XML
- Good understanding of Network Management technologies and protocols like SNMP, NetFlow, IPSLA, along with practical experience of associated Network Management & Alerting Tools
- Proficient with data migrations utilizing Python, Powershell & Microsoft Solutions
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and enterprise network protocols (LDAP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, DHCP, and authentication protocols)
- Strong experience in network troubleshooting and configuration (tcpdump, Wireshark, etc.)
- Good to have Microsoft Azure Architecture Expert Certification
Educational Qualifications: Engineering / Science Graduate/Diploma
Years of Experience: 10+
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.