The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Senior Security Engineer - Vulnerability Management
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work.
These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 20% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
About the role
Tesco Technology are looking for a Senior Security Engineer reporting into the Vulnerability Management and Pentesting team. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated security focused engineer to join our expanding organisation. The scale and complexity of Tesco creates a huge opportunity for someone to apply their existing skills while developing new ones and make a difference to the millions of customers we serve.
The role will involve being hands on with a focus on the availability and reliability of some of our most critical security tooling whilst automating away operational burden. Our job is to provide actionable insight into the security posture of our systems and platforms prioritising remediation activities for our engineering colleagues and system owners to remediate.
As a senior position you’ll have the freedom to leverage your knowledge and real-world experience to work with other teams and help drive innovation across our prevention, detection, and response capabilities. When major security incidents occur, you will be working alongside other security colleagues bringing your experience to help.
You will be responsible for
- Building our detection, data correlation and response capabilities in the VM space. As a team we also feed into the standards and patterns for our engineering community.
- Evaluating new tools and techniques being able to articulate their value and impact and help lead the roadmap and strategy for Security testing.
- Creating our own discovery tooling to help manage assets and services across the business and translating requirements into tasks & code.
- Build a range of capabilities to inform our stakeholders on the status and progress of VM remediation efforts across engineering and up to leadership and C level.
- Automate integrations between platforms and tooling.
- Use your observations from security incidents and reporting about relevant security threats to contribute to our internal detection engineering programme.
- Work alongside our analysts to upskill them in Vulnerability Management and look for patterns and issues that can be fixed centrally.
- POC assessments from our active Bug Bounty Program.
You will need
- 5+ Years of experience working in the IT Security Industry
- Experience with responding to security incidents in large scale corporate environments.
- A good understanding of Bug Bounty programmes and be an active member in this field.
- Proficiency in at least one programming or scripting language such as Python, Power Shell, Terraform or similar.
- Expertise in networking, web services and application testing.
- Experience with Vulnerability Scanning tools such as Qualys and Tenable etc and to categorise criticality as well as risk of a vulnerability
- Keen to cultivate a culture of collaboration, innovation and bringing industry standards to everything we do.
- Proactive and able to operate independently. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- You are resilient – you take ownership of seeing issues through to resolution whilst looking after yourself to be at your best.
- Have a passion for technology and can share that passion with others.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you