The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Security Engagement Partner - Technical Security Training
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Our Technical Security Training team supports Technology colleagues in mastering the art of becoming a world-class Technology professional who takes pride in working securely to protect their solutions, our business, and our customers. Through the development of bespoke, relevant and engaging training materials and initiatives our team empower Technology colleagues to own and care about their own security, understanding the simplest and most effective ways to work securely in their role.
We’re combining expert pools of thought to conquer the challenge of weaving security values into our existing Technology culture by utilising our expertise in content design, instructional learning and behavioural sciences and combining it with the knowledge of our phenomenal security teams who not only see the value in empowering our colleagues to know about, care about and act securely about building secure solutions, but also want to have a hand in shaping how we build this knowledge and capability.
This role is about empowering your Technical Training team to transform the behaviours in our Technology colleagues, delivering cutting edge and engaging learning materials on deeply technical concepts tailored to colleague roles and responsibilities. As our technology teams design innovative solutions, different security challenges arise and this role is to help colleagues understand those challenges, identify gaps in knowledge or resources and work closely with stakeholders and suppliers to deliver e-learning, videos, webinars, workshops, blogs and a variety of other resources to help Technology teams navigate these changes securely.
This role would be suitable for an experienced Security Awareness and Training professional with hands-on experience in training teams on security topics and managing a team.
You will be responsible for
Specific responsibilities of our Security Engagement Partner will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Analyse the changing technology landscape of Tesco and the wider security market in order to plan, design, roll-out, project manage & report on our Technology Security portfolio to Software Engineers and product managers globally. This will involve extensive stakeholder and supplier engagement.
- Use your passion for research & analytics, in addition to organisation and fact-finding skills to assess new innovative methods for training software engineering colleagues on information security, specific to their programming language and tech stack.
- Identify improvements to the way in which technology training is launched and delivered to all technology colleagues, globally.
- Engage with our Information Security and technical experts from the wider technology and Security & Capability teams, to ensure we’re always addressing relevant requirements and changing technologies.
This will include:
- Knowledge sharing between the teams to improve the accuracy and delivery of technical security training
- Ensuring all training content is suitable to each team & stakeholder.
- Drive the increase of training completion rates
- Gamifying this area of learning
- Keeping abreast of any upcoming technology changes or projects that would need additional or specific training
- Developing & delivering instructor led sessions for security technology implementations.
- Research industry best practice and local / overseas market trends for the best security trends to positively educate our colleagues.
- Plan, design, host, manage & report on our Cyber Security technical training events (such as capture the flag, hack-the-box activities) across our Office colleagues, globally.
- Use creative and appropriate methodologies to prepare research-based briefings for colleagues on the impacts (professionally & socially) of poor technical security practices.
- Understand and design training that complements the software development lifecycle and makes building security into daily processes as simple as possible.
- Drive improvements to training, based on robust data-driven decisions.
This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, confident in local and remote stakeholder management, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind.
Motivation to make change for the better and, most importantly, putting our colleagues and customers first, is key!
You will need
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Exceptional organisational and programme planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You must be able to articulate complex concepts to a very diverse audience.
- Attitude and aptitude to learn new product areas/domains quickly.
- Prioritising and decision-making skills.
- Confident hosting events and delivering training to a large technical audience
Non-essential but beneficial skills:
- Working in a technology environment or a proven ability to learn technical fundamentals.
- Development & delivery of instructor led training to software engineering teams
- Proven success in working on unstructured problems, defining hypothesis, creating MVPs, running experiments and analysing results to drive data-driven decisions
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.