The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Plymouth
Customer Delivery Driver - Plymouth Transit Way Superstore
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Request flexible working from day one
- Get 10% off and 15% at pay day weekends – save up to £1,500 a year with your Colleague Clubcard with an additional card to share with family outside your home
- Access to free wellbeing services with a range of resources to support your mind, body, and life
- Life cover of five times your pay and an award-winning pension with matching contributions up to 7.5%
- Benefits to suit you, choose what you use – from discounts and shares to cycle to work schemes
- Uniform provided and policies to support you for all of life’s moments, big and small
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here.
- Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
Our Customer Delivery Driver rate of pay starts from £11.92 an hour; this increases to £12.65 for stores inside the M25 but excluding London Boroughs and is £12.85 for stores within Inner London – London Boroughs. Additional payments may also apply depending on location and skills.
It’s our policy to offer new colleagues joining us a minimum of 16 guaranteed hours each week, but if you’d like to work fewer hours (to a minimum of 12) we have opportunities for this too and would still love to hear from you.
The table shows the periods of time in the week we’d like you to be available to work – the availability windows. We will schedule your contracted hours within these times, and you’ll have 3 weeks’ notice of exactly when your shifts will be. We are happy to support flexibility for our colleagues, therefore if the times you’re available to work match closely but not exactly to the times we are advertising, we’d still love to hear from you. Click here to read more.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do.
As the face of Tesco out on the road, we deliver all the way from Lands’ End to John O’Groats. Our Customer Delivery Drivers get the opportunity to meet and talk to different customers in their homes every day. That’s why this role is about much more than just driving: it's about helping others and delivering great service, with a smile.
Its hands on, physical and full of variety. No two shifts are ever the same and our customer’s look for help in all kinds of different ways. For most of the day you’ll feel like your own boss, delivering to your customers but there is always a team of Managers and colleagues back at base ready to support you when you need them.
So whether you are looking for flexibility to suit your current lifestyle, job stability or an opportunity to change career direction everyone is welcome at Tesco.
You will be responsible for
Delivering your part of our customer shopping trip by:
- I ensure the van and trays I use are clean and kept tidy/organised.
- Leaving the back yard clean, tidy and clear of rubbish, and picking up litter as I see it.
- Ensuring trays are washed as part of the tray wash process.
- Loading the van as required, checking the van for roadworthiness.
- Talking to the customer about any changes to their order, including short code item and substitutions, offering a refund for anything they are unhappy with.
- Taking care of products/deliveries as if they were my own.
- Explaining to the customer that they will not be charged any more for their substitutions.
- Delivering during the customers time slot.
- Calling the customer before arriving at their property if early.
- Calling the store/centre if running 30 or more minutes late.
You will need
- Build relationships with colleagues to create team spirit, working together to make sure our store is the best it can be for customers.
- Warm and welcoming in interactions with customers and colleagues, taking time to understand the customer and say ‘Thank you’.
- Acting quickly to respond to the changing needs of our customers and embracing change within my store.
- Energetic and driven to deliver beyond expectations, integrating home and work to achieve a balance that is right for me.
- Sharing ideas with my Manager and other colleagues on how we can improve our store for customers.
- A valid UK/EU/EEA Driving licence (Full or Automatic only) for at least 12 months with no more than 3 penalty points.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please click here
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am or after 9:45 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com