The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Senior Systems Engineer SEIII – Windows Engineering
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
As the Senior Systems Engineer - Windows, you will serve as the right-hand person to the Systems Engineering Manager, working closely with the leadership team to provide invaluable guidance and expertise in steering the evolution of our fast-paced workplace technology landscape.
Your role will be pivotal in shaping the direction of our organization's technology initiatives, ensuring that our infrastructure products and Windows device ecosystem remain at the forefront of innovation and efficiency.
You will be responsible for
Innovative Solutions Design
You will be responsible for designing solutions that incorporate modern technologies into Tesco's infrastructure products, using industry standard technologies, with the aim of making a significant contribution on our organization's success.
Define and maintain Product Roadmaps
Take the lead in defining product roadmaps and technical standards for Windows devices, as well as core workplace managed applications, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
Commercial Contracts and RFP (REQUEST for PROPOSAL)
Actively contribute to commercial contracts and Request for Proposals (RFPs) related to Windows devices. Your input will be crucial in delivering better value for money for the organization.
Complex Infrastructure Management.
Design, integrate, and manage complex infrastructure solutions, ensuring they meet the highest standards of efficiency and security.
Collaboration Across Teams
Collaborate closely with other Engineering teams and Operations teams to facilitate the adoption of modern technologies within the infrastructure products, fostering a culture of innovation.
Engage with wider teams to drive overall enterprise design strategy, ensuring that technology choices align with the organization's strategic objectives.
Leadership and Mentorship.
Demonstrate leadership qualities by coaching and mentoring other engineers to achieve team objectives and maintain exacting standards of excellence.
Supplier Proof of Concept
Initiate supplier Proof of Concept activities and evaluate their suitability for integration into Tesco's technology stack.
Business Case Support
Assist in building business cases by evaluating technology products for their impact on Tesco, both technologically and commercially, aiding the decision-making process.
Budgeting and Procurement
Understand budgeting and procurement processes and effectively apply this knowledge to influence product roadmaps.
Be able to work with stakeholders at all levels from Directory of Technology to specific retail products and be able to tailor your approach to the intended audience
As a Senior Systems Engineer - you will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the full life cycle of device engineering based on Windows client operating systems, covering devices that are used in both Head Office and Retail locations globally
- Define and maintain roadmaps and technical standards for Windows endpoints.
- Plan and execute major upgrades and changes to the Windows device ecosystem.
- Represent Infrastructure/Systems Engineering across all of Tesco Technology and with external suppliers.
- Serve as a technical conduit for engagements with third-party suppliers and lead investigations into potential issues.
- Design and deliver Infrastructure solutions spanning multiple domains, ensuring the best user experience and secure computing for all business functions.
- Create High Level and Low-level design documentation and work closely with Operations counterparts for implementation and service hand-over.
You will need
- Extensive experience in the design and deployment of Windows client operating systems (Windows 10 and above) using industry standard tooling
- Proficiency in seamlessly integrating client devices into the ecosystem, including Active Directory, Group Policy Management, Enterprise Wi-Fi profiles, PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) certificate deployment, Security, O365 policy management, MECM (Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager) and Intune.
- Expertise in modern device deployment and management tools, such as Autopilot and Intune/MEM.
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory Group Policies (GPOs) and Intune policies and templates
- Exceptionally good automation and scripting knowledge, including MSGraph integration
- Experience with MECM task sequencing and image deployment management.
- Expertise in managing a device hardware catalog lifecycle.
- A minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience with ownership of Windows devices solutions in complex global setups.
While not mandatory, the following skills and experience will be advantageous:
- PKI experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft collaboration tools within O365.
- Knowledge of Microsoft licensing.
- Familiarity with desktop performance monitoring and analytics solutions.
- Previous work experience in a retail environment.
If you are a highly motivated and experienced Senior Systems Engineer with a passion for innovation and a deep understanding of Windows device management, we encourage you to apply and become a vital part of our dedicated team at Tesco.
Join us in shaping the future of infrastructure technology!
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.