The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Sandhurst
Team Manager - Nights - Sandhurst Extra
What’s in it for you
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Request flexible working from day one
- Get 10% off and 15% at pay day weekends – save up to £1,500 a year with your Colleague Clubcard with an additional card to share with family outside your home
- Access to free wellbeing services with a range of resources to support your mind, body, and life
- Life cover of five times your pay and an award-winning pension with matching contributions up to 7.5%
- Benefits to suit you, choose what you use – from discounts and shares to cycle to work schemes
- Uniform provided and policies to support you for all of life’s moments, big and small
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here.
- Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
Shift Pattern: Varies from day to day but are planned in advance
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
Becoming a manager in a Tesco Store gives you a driving role in Serving Britain’s Shoppers a Little Better Everyday.
It’s a chance to put your skills, experience and instincts to the test; chasing opportunities, finding better ways of working and getting things just right for our customers.
You’ll be a role model, helping colleagues to know and love our products and services, involving everyone in community projects and proving just how much we can achieve together. You’ll get to grow your own team – by spotting talent and giving them the feedback and support they need to be their best.
We’ll look to you to maximise sales, impact and presentation for your department, while making sure everything is safe and compliant, and everyone’s in the right place at the right time.
This role is what management should be; out of the office and leading from the front – on the store floor with your colleagues and customers.
You will need
Do you have the attitude, aptitude and aspiration to be a great retail manager?
It’s a role for those who love retail – but above all we need you to put people at the heart of everything you do. You will be:
- Talking to colleagues, to share and encourage new ideas and best practice
- Being warm and welcoming, taking time to recognise and listen to others
- Building a strong team spirit and a network of relationships that stretches beyond the store
Our best and most inspiring leaders have a natural ability to:
- Looking ahead and seizing opportunities
- Acting quickly to do what’s right for colleagues and customers
- Thriving on change and leading people through it together
Knowing how to be at your best – and exceeding expectations
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please click here
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am or after 9:45 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com