The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Sandhurst
Fulfilment Shift Leader - Sandhurst Extra
What’s in it for you
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Request flexible working from day one
- Get 10% off and 15% at pay day weekends – save up to £1,500 a year with your Colleague Clubcard with an additional card to share with family outside your home
- Access to free wellbeing services with a range of resources to support your mind, body, and life
- Life cover of five times your pay and an award-winning pension with matching contributions up to 7.5%
- Benefits to suit you, choose what you use – from discounts and shares to cycle to work schemes
- Uniform provided and policies to support you for all of life’s moments, big and small
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here.
- Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
Our Shift Leader rate of pay starts from £13.28 an hour; this increases to £14.01 for stores inside the M25 but excluding London Boroughs and is £14.21 for stores within Inner London – London Boroughs. Additional payments may also apply depending on location and skills.
It’s our policy to offer new colleagues joining us a minimum of 16 guaranteed hours each week, but if you’d like to work fewer hours (to a minimum of 12) we have opportunities for this too and would still love to hear from you.
The table shows the periods of time in the week we’d like you to be available to work – the availability windows. We will schedule your contracted hours within these times, and you’ll have 3 weeks’ notice of exactly when your shifts will be. We are happy to support flexibility for our colleagues, therefore if the times you’re available to work match closely but not exactly to the times we are advertising, we’d still love to hear from you. Click here to read more.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do.
It takes lots of different people to run a store and this is a job for doers, with plenty of variety. It’s a committed role, full of everyday challenges, but that’s one of the things that makes it so exciting.
- Being a colleague in one of our stores means that you will help to serve our shoppers better every day.
- You’ll meet great people, learn new things and be part of a specialist, diverse team where everyone is welcome.
- Whether you are looking for stability or flexibility to suit your lifestyle, or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
You will be responsible for
As a Shift Leader, you will be working in a fast paced retail environment where no day is the same.
You will take ownership of activities by co-ordinating a team to deliver.
As the customer is at the heart of everything we do, you will be constantly looking for ways to improve service in your store through on the job coaching and feedback
You will have a great understanding of how your team is performing and be the expert in delivering practical actions for its improvement by taking a hands on approach.
With your guidance, your area will always remain a safe place to work and shop.
You will need
• You are able to role model giving great, natural customer service ensuring every customers needs are met
• Be able to build strong long lasting relationships with colleagues to create a team spirit, encouraging them to be at their best
• You are a clear communicator and use a variety of methods to keep the team well informed
• Be confident in taking the lead as at times you will be in charge
• You are flexible in the way you think, making decisions efficiently and handling change to ensure everything we do is right for customers and colleagues
• You have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectations and effectively balance priorities
• Always looking for ideas and opportunities to serve Britain’s shoppers a little better everyday.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please click here
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am or after 9:45 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com