The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Shire Park, Kestral Way, Welwyn Garden City
Location Planning Manager - Regional
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click Here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
I support Property to make the right investment decisions for individual new sites and stores in our Property estate, by recommending where to open stores and analysing catchment data to make informed recommendations.
This is a part time role (21.75 hours) offering more flexibility around your other commitments. This role will be part of the central / southern region and we are open to regionally based candidates as well as those more local to the office.
You will be responsible for
- Supporting the Property Cycle and approval process for all new convenience & large stores & estate management by delivering sales forecasts and recommendations for my geographic area in-line with the required timescales.
- Developing and maintaining the location strategy for new space within my geographic area/channel to ensure a strong pipeline of convenience, large stores and extension opportunities that are quality led.
- Reviewing the performance of new store openings and Property investments in your geographic area or channel, ensuring all the learnings are fed back into our strategy.
- Having an in-depth understanding of my geographic area, collaborating with the Customer Insight & SRM teams to provide any local understanding of stores, competition and catchments. Also keeping aware of competitor openings, new entrants to the grocery market and new propositions to keep our data up to date.
- Inputting into strategic business projects that require a locational/spatial aspect to be considered and using analytical techniques to make clear recommendations to the business.
- Identifying opportunities & developing solutions to improve our ways of working including processes, training, tools and systems.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
- Understanding of demographic and locational/spatial data.
- Intermediate Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Must have driving licence.
- Insight or Strategy background.
Desirable: (Training/upskilling can be provided.)
- Previous experience of using GIS (ideally ArcGIS).
- Previous experience within a role that incorporates understanding of locational and/or spatial data, or within Property (Geography, Property, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics degrees relevant).
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.