The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London / Welwyn Garden City
Senior UX Researcher - Enterprise
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
At Tesco our focus is on the customer and so we are looking for a Senior UX Researcher to advocate the needs of the user to the wider business, challenging
user experience problems that impact millions of customers and inspire others to follow suit.
You will be part of defining the way the UX research is run at Tesco, working with our multi-disciplinary team made up of UX Designers, Product Managers, data analysts, Marketing and Technology teams to shape the user experience.
You are a natural problem solver who is highly skilled in a range of research methods with experience turning research findings into actionable user-centred design and product goals. You excel at sharing insight artefacts that inspire and aid user-centred design.
As our ideal candidate, you have a passion for understanding people, their motivations, their behaviours and the challenges they face. You have excellent observational and analytical skills, the ability to collaborate with other teams, and a relentless determination to do what is right for users. You will be responsible for identifying user needs and delivering insights that inform the development of compelling user-friendly interfaces and digital products for the Trading and Planning team.
You will be responsible for
- Own and lead UX research for high priority projects in the Trading and Planning team. This team is part of the wider Product and Supplier design team at Tesco. The designers in this space are responsible for designing intuitive applications for users, which support them in making smart decisions based on the commercial aspects (price, promotions, cost, ranging) of their product categories.
- Scope, plan and execute qualitative and quantitative UX research throughout the design and development lifecycle, from early strategic direction through post-release validation.
- Provide research, balancing the business and user needs. Support project teams to de-fine, influence, and drive the user experience vision for Trading and Planning tools and systems.
- Support the Design Manager for Trading and Planning and the UX Research Lead for Product and Supplier to identify and prioritise research needs, avoiding duplication and aligning best practice.
- Work closely with the Product and Design teams to ensure research insights are incorporated. Support the Product and Design teams in establishing successful processes and ways of working.
- Develop relationships across the business to collate existing data and insights to inform product strategy and areas of opportunity
- Share research expertise and knowledge with others and encourage the wider team to actively participate in UX Research, to improve organisational capability and challenge team thinking.
You will need
- Expert-level knowledge in the field of UX research with at least 5 years’ experience of working as a UX researcher on digital products, preferably focusing on discovery and strategic research and shaping research priorities for a product area.
- Considerable knowledge and hands-on experience with a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques (such as user interviews, creation of user profiles, personas, journey mapping, surveys, usability testing, contextual enquiry).
- Strong track record of research results impacting design and product strategy and development.
- Experience of working in an agile product development environment and applying lean UX research methods.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organisation.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide set of stakeholders including designers, product managers, developers and analysts.
- Experience of using and managing the use of online research tools e.g. unmoderated remote testing, online surveys.
- Experience of managing relationships with external research agencies is desirable
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.