The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London ( Hybrid)
Senior UX Designer - Inspire & Choose
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
At Tesco, our focus is the customer and we’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to challenge, uncover and solve user experience problems, positively impacting the lives of millions.
You’ll be a strategic thinker and a hands-on practitioner, and you will lead all stages of the design process. A key part of your role will be to shape the Information Architecture across web and app, defining the future of how customers will search and browse for new and relevant products. You’ll identify new opportunities, test ideas and always take a holistic approach to solving customer problems.
It’s an exciting time to join Tesco because we have bold plans for both innovation, personalisation and expansion
You will be responsible for
· Improving the Inspire to Choose shopping experience.
· Owning journey mapping initiatives and lead design sprints, discovery sessions as well as sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping
· Developing the IA utilising site audits, tree testing and card sorting
· Partnering with UX researchers to help your team develop empathy for our customers and advocate for their needs. Qualitative and quantitative data will be just some of the methods you will use to help advise your work
· Using our Digital Design System and its standardised foundations, components and patterns
· Working closely with UI designers, UX researchers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, and business partners to explore, build and deliver your designs.
· Helping your teammates build context, strong decision-making skills, and insight for our customers
· Collaborating with the design lead and other seniors to nurture a positive, encouraging and inclusive team culture
You will need
· Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design)
· A good understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including design research, journey mapping, wireframing and prototyping
· Proficiency in interaction design for native mobile and web applications
· Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Miro, etc.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we build a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work, and we are committed to helping them be at their best
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.