The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Product Manager – Supplier and Partner Team
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Product Manager to join Tesco’s Supplier and Partner Product team, part of the wider Technology Change team, where our mission is to transform how Tesco leads all aspects of the supplier lifecycle, through supplier and colleague facing apps and services.
This role is specifically passionate about crafting experiences that enable colleagues and suppliers to efficiently deliver value and quality to customers through the industry leading Tesco Partners toolkit. You will work with the Lead Product Manager, other Product Managers within the area, and a multitude of other product teams and customers internationally across the Tesco Group to drive lasting change and value to our customers.
For the right candidate there is also an opportunity for line management responsibilities.
This is an exciting role in a team passionate about research and business outcome driven delivery, working collaboratively with our User Experience, Engineering and Programme teams and customers to address real user needs.
You will be responsible for
- Have ownership of a Product involving multiple internal/ external stakeholders and drive the Product strategy & execution for it.
- Work alongside research, design, analytics, and engineering teams to design and develop solutions to solve real business needs.
- Relentlessly measure and communicate value created to all stakeholders, all the time.
- Work as part of a wider product team, with a culture for shared goals, helping where appropriate as the need arises.
- Understand and demonstrate all the features of my product to different audiences within and outside of my immediate product team.
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
- Be accountable for the performance/ adoption of your product and work towards increasing it.
- Monitor competitor activity and market trends.
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and engineering stakeholders.
- For the right candidate there is also an opportunity for line management responsibilities of an Associate or Graduate Product Manager
You will need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A methodical/ analytical approach and phenomenal problem-solving skills
- Use good prioritisation techniques to refine and groom your backlog
- Attitude and the ability to learn new product area/domain quickly
- Great presentation and persuasion skills
- Great teammate who could work collaboratively with other members of the team
- Empathy and good listening skills to understand the needs/ difficulties of your customers/ stakeholders
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, writing effective user stories/ acceptance criteria
- Understanding of User Research/ Design Thinking concepts
- Numerate and confident handling data.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.