The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Technical Programme Manager - Communications & Devices
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Our vision is to enable colleagues to consume, share and communicate efficiently through a seamless experience. The operational communications platform enables our store colleagues to collaborate on operational information as well as which device they can consume and share communications on. All elements are key in creating a better connected and more efficient workforce that can serve our customers, communities and planet a little better every day. The role will ensure our operational communication platform and communication devices deliver against our strategic outcomes.
This is an opportunity for a Technical Programme Manager to lead the programme build out new capability and functions within the platform across Tesco Group and to deliver step change within our business. You will work closely with our development teams, our product and channels colleagues, and our security and networks colleagues to pull together all aspects of the work to ensure that delivery is fit for purpose and meets the required technology standards.
You will be responsible for
- Ensuring that the development for Comms Platform is delivered, including:
- Group parity
- Automation of testing
- Module alignment
- Security testing and GDPR alignment
- Working with appropriate teams to agree and deliver strategic solutions for Tesco, including:
- Understanding automation of operational tasks
- Integration of API’s to MyTesco
- Working with others to agree a strategy for 2-way email communications
- Understanding device usage, optimised for Task
You will need
- A proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or hardware programmes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate resilience during incidents or change and continue delivery
- Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills, including:-
- Initiating and shaping programmes with substantial ambiguity, across multiple domains
- Building and managing plans, with clear transition states/phases, milestones & critical path
- Proactively identifying issues, risks & dependencies, working closely with Product and Engineering teams to resolve, mitigate, transparently track and make visible
- Understanding the trade-offs and resulting impacts; making impacts visible to Product, Infrastructure or Engineering for the right decision to be made
- Experience of working with multiple teams to deliver expected outcomes
- Experience of working with suppliers and 3rd parties
- Finance Management
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.