The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Lead Service Manager
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Infrastructure Engineering team design, develop and operate all infrastructure used by Tesco Technology across our data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres. This encompasses multiple domains; private and public cloud, connectivity, end-user computing, CI/CD and monitoring toolkit. This includes both 3rd party and internally developed infrastructure applications and infrastructure that support the wider Tesco business.
Key activities include:
- Designs, develops and operates the Infrastructure platforms that allow development teams and business colleagues to consume infrastructure.
- Designs, develops and operates the automation to allow Infrastructure platforms to be consumed in a controlled, auditable and repeatable manner.
- Setting the strategy, objectives and high-level plans for infrastructure.
- Works with development teams to collaborate in creating appropriate infrastructure solutions.
The Infrastructure team are supporting both the current Infrastructure and also the work required to continue the transformation of Tesco Technologies Infrastructure to modern platforms that can be easily consumed through self-service APIs, automatically handle failures and use best of breed modern technologies.
You will be responsible for
- Provide Service Manager leadership across Infrastructure and Technology colleagues to support and maintain company IT infrastructure.
- Lead, support & actively participate in incident, major incident, change & problem management activities.
- Lead, manage & actively participate in new product and service introduction requirements for solutions across Infrastructure and Technology.
- Own, manage and lead Suppliers and all related management activities to ensure service and accountability for delivery.
- Develop and own metrics and key reporting for Management, developing targets and key performance indicators that demonstrate performance and highlight areas for improvement.
- Own and develop service improvement plans and and actively lead and contribute to continual service improvement across the Service Management team.
- Mentor and direct team, Infrastructure and Technology colleagues, as needed.
- Act as a primary contact for all queries and issues.
- Conduct meetings on regular basis for all role based requirements.
- Maintain all role related documentation and information repositories.
- Lead on all training & learning requirements for Infrastructure and Technology colleagues..
- Communicate all function goals & procedures to Infrastructure and Technology colleagues.
- Ensure Infrastructure and Technology colleagues follow best practices and maintain adherence levels as required by all compliancy requirements.
- Keep technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, understanding how they might benefit the Technology team and wider Tesco.
- Deputise for the Head of Service Management when appropriate.
Disaster Recovery and Risk Lead (50%)
- Own and develop the process for Disaster Recovery in Tesco Technology – supporting the Head of Service Management and the Technology directors in ensuring that Tesco Technology’s capabilities meet the expectations of the organisation.
- Ensure that Disaster Recovery capabilities are tested on a regular basis, issues and risks are identified and plans are in place to address them.
- Develop and own the Infrastructure Risk Management process, engaging with other technology risk functions and actively support Infrastructure colleagues in managing risks.
- Develop and own metrics and key reporting to support DR and Risk Management, developing targets and key performance indicators that demonstrate performance and highlight areas for improvement.
- Own continual service improvement for DR and Risk Management and actively contribute to CSI across the Service Management team.
- Introduce new tools and techniques when appropriate to increase efficiency of delivery and operations.
- Work with programme and project teams to ensure that new functions and services are implemented with DR plans in place.
- Actively participate in the broader change implementations and aware of change management processes
You will need
- Managing Disaster Recovery exercises across multi technology domains
- Leading and management across a multi supplier and integration partner environment
- Being a Team Player who works collaboratively with other members of the team and recognises and respects the importance and skills of other job roles (Engineers, TPMs etc)
- Able to influence and lead without authority at multiple levels within the organisation
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the aptitude to learn new skills and adapt existing processes to meet the organisations requirements
- Have excellent facilitation skills
- A methodical and analytical approach, great problem-solving skills and can provide logical answers to complex problems.
- Using objective data and KPIs to drive value decisions – consistently challenging established thinking with concise insights backed up by information
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- ITIL qualification – ITIL v3 Foundation minimum with ITIL v 3 practitioner preferred.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
- Act as the ‘Service Management’ advocate throughout Tesco – represent Infrastructure at all levels, up to and including C-Suite.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.