The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Sheffield
Tesco Colleague - Phone Shops - Sheffield Abbeydale Superstore
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- 10% Discount Card increasing to 15% after every pay for a 4 day period
- Life assurance
- Retirement saving plan
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases
- Uniform provided
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
It’s our policy to offer new colleagues joining us a minimum of 16 guaranteed hours each week, but if you’d like to work fewer hours (to a minimum of 12) we have opportunities for this too and would still love to hear from you.
The table shows the periods of time in the week we’d like you to be available to work – the availability windows. We will schedule your contracted hours within these times, and you’ll have 3 weeks’ notice of exactly when your shifts will be. If the times you’re available to work match closely but not exactly to the times we are advertising, we’d still love to hear from you. Click here to read more.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do.
Tesco Mobile are now recruiting for Phone Shop Colleagues who will play a key role in building relationships with our customers to establish their needs and to help them choose the right mobile products for their needs.
Every part of Tesco Mobile puts our 5 million customers first – our tariffs, our shops and our award-winning Customer Care. We’ve teamed up with O2, giving our savvy customers 99% coverage, in our stores, it’s all about finding our customers the perfect phone and tariff.
You will be responsible for
- Delivering a great shopping trip for customers every day, following all opening and closing routines, ensuring all facilities are in a good working order and available for customers, listening for and acting on customer feedback.
- Creating an impression for customers that you can be proud of, role modelling great standards of dress and being ready to serve customers.
- Following the service culture in your department role modelling helpful and friendly service behaviours and demonstrating enthusiasm to do what’s right for customers.
- Protecting the legal brand by delivering legal compliance, understanding all safe and legal routines demonstrating due diligence on your department.
- Supporting your manager to control costs on your department and deliver budgets, supporting the department to maintain stock record accuracy and be prepared for stock control routines.
You will need
- A passion for delivering great service, greeting customers with a smile, and serving them with pride
- The drive and motivation to work in a sales and service environment
- Be able to adapt to working in a fast paced ever-changing environment.
- A passion for the latest technology
- The ability to build relationships with colleagues to create a team spirit, having fun and celebrating success
- To be at work on time, well presented and ready to be a brand ambassador
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please click here
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am or after 9:45 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com