The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Shire Park, Kestral Way, Welwyn Garden City
Senior Legal Counsel - Finance
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity for a banking lawyer to join our team working on a wide range of banking, treasury and corporate finance matters across the Group.
The role supports on banking and finance issues across the Group, so the successful candidate will get exposure to a huge variety of business areas, including the fast paced retail corporate business (Tesco plc) and a customer focused bank business (Tesco Bank), as well as supporting our international teams. This unique proposition of corporate and financial institution financing needs ensures the role is broad and day to day activities are hugely varied.
We are looking for an individual adept at working as part of a team on larger matters, but also someone able to handle their own diverse work load in an exciting and dynamic environment. You will be encouraged to influence partners and provide commercial and legally robust solutions.
Your role will have high visibility internally, with external banks and law firms, and work on ground-breaking transactions, recent examples have included ESG financing, LIBOR reform and supply chain financing.
You will be responsible for
- Carrying out all funding transactions, including loans, bonds and derivatives.
- Working with our Treasury, Tax, Investor Relations and Finance teams to advise on strategies to strengthen the balance sheet.
- Working as a team with our Tesco Bank colleagues on regulatory capital and compliance matters.
- Providing support to the wider Legal team on an ad hoc basis.
- Managing corporate governance and working with our Group company secretariat function in relation to internal legal and corporate governance matters
- Managing external law firms where necessary.
You will need
- We are looking for a qualified banking lawyer, who possesses a wide variety of finance experience. Some experience of loans, debt capital markets, ISDA/GMRA and securitisations would be preferable.
- You will need to be a pro-active self-starter who is willing to learn and able to work autonomously. Prior experience of being efficient in a fast paced environment is needed, as there is a large and varied workload.
- In addition to this, we work in a collaborative environment of constructive challenge and open debate, so your style should be robust and effective.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.