The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Folkestone
Pharmacy Technician - Folkestone Superstore
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
Along with providing a secure and flexible work environment, we offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual payment of your GPhC fee
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Tesco store discount savings up to £1500 per year on most Tesco purchases
- An exclusive to Tesco pharmacy training programme in partnership with Diabetes UK, Cancer Research UK and British Heart Foundation) to support our customers with questions or their concerns on Cancer, Heart & Circulatory disease and Diabetes.
- Starting at 28 days Holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 personal day
- Contributory pension scheme
- A structured training plan for Pharmacy Leadership, crafted by industry specialists
- Competitive maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- For those requiring it, expert support and assistance through the application process for the new UK health and social care visa process
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
It’s our policy to offer new colleagues joining us a minimum of 16 guaranteed hours each week, but if you’d like to work fewer hours (to a minimum of 12) we have opportunities for this too and would still love to hear from you.
The table shows the periods of time in the week we’d like you to be available to work – the availability windows. We will schedule your contracted hours within these times, and you’ll have 3 weeks’ notice of exactly when your shifts will be. If the times you’re available to work match closely but not exactly to the times we are advertising, we’d still love to hear from you. Click here to read more.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do.
There’s a lot more to it than dispensing medicines. Every day you’ll have the opportunity to make things better for customers in all sorts of ways, such as support for giving up smoking, reviewing customers’ use of medicines, checking blood pressure or testing for blood glucose levels. It’s very much about supporting our communities, by making the best healthcare choices available and convenient for local people.
Working alongside industry experts, you will receive local management and leadership support in whatever store you are based. Our management team comes from a variety of backgrounds so there is always a chance to learn.
You will be responsible for
Technicians are integral to the running of our Pharmacies. We are looking for someone who is a team player, and can take on the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the management of one of our new modern Pharmacies.
- Applying your technical skills and strong customer focus to accurately dispense medication for our customers.
- Dispensing prescription medicines, ensuring attention to detail and accuracy are maintained at all times.
- Talking to customers and offering information in a confident, friendly and professional manner, providing our customers with a great service, making them want to visit our Pharmacy again.
- Offering appropriate information to customers on common ailments, symptoms and products.
- Taking time to understand the customers’ needs, explaining the benefits of the products in a way they understand and only selling products that are right for the customer.
- Advising customers on the range of Pharmacy services available.
- Supporting and delivering Pharmacy services and the dispensing process according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assessing the legal appropriateness of dispensed prescriptions.
- Dealing with clinical and legal queries from Healthcare practitioners within area of competence.
- Responding to customer queries in relation to prescription medicines, informing the Pharmacist of any complaints.
- Ensuring all dispensary routines and Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
- Ensuring dispensary and consulting rooms are clean, tidy and free of clutter.
- Ensuring all prescription administration is accurate and completed on time.
- Bringing promotional activities and company initiatives within the team to life.
- Carrying out all procedures accurately to protect profit and ensure we trade safely and legally.
- Supporting the Pharmacy Manager and Duty Pharmacy Manager with the supervision and development of other members of the pharmacy team through coaching and feedback.
- Maintaining a personal development record with the GPhC and completing corporate and departmental training.
- Keeping up to date with legal and professional developments in pharmacy.
- Maintaining annual registration with GPhC.
You will need
- A pharmacy technician/ accuracy checking technician NVQ (or similar) qualification
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a Pharmacy Technician/Accuracy Checking Technician.
- Proof of completion of a recognised training course for an Accuracy Checking Technician/ Pharmacy Technician.
- Proof of completing your annual Continuing Professional Development requirements.
We're committed to finding the very Pharmacy Technician/ Accuracy Checking Technician out there.
We are looking for talented and driven professionals who can deliver the highest quality healthcare service to our customers and in return, we'll provide a supportive team, detailed industry training and a varied working environment where no two days are the same.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
Our Pharmacy Managers are supported by wider store teams, such as security, stock replenishment, range management, and administration to ensure smooth and consistent experience for our customers and patients, whilst maintaining theirs and our colleague’s safety.
Tesco Pharmacies offers colleagues a high level of working flexibility and control over their work rotas. This enables routine overlap periods with other pharmacists on duty, so ideas about patient care and colleague development can be worked on together.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves
We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.