The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Shire Park, Kestral Way, Welwyn Garden City
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
As the Project Manager, you will work within Business Support to manage and align streams of work for channels, ensuring we always serve customers, communities and the planet a little better everyday.
You will be agile in your approach, working across different areas of our Business Support operations to ensure plans are aligned in support of the Service Delivery Model and our strategic goals/drivers. Taking ownership of process and systems, you will make sure they are effective and efficient, understanding how technology is key to our future and make sure digital is a part of key business decisions.
You will be responsible for
- Ensuring Tesco project management principles are followed including stakeholder management, set up/organisation of the project, budget set up/controlled with cost savings delivered and communicating with/motivating natural work team members.
- Ensuring clear definition of the project and scope from the start, ensuring the project always remains on track and in scope.
- Allocating resource and engaging with relevant subject matter experts, leading and motivating them to contribute to the delivery of the project.
- Managing risk and issues, setting up and leading a clear governance programme.
- Managing interdependencies and any potential conflicts, working with others for to deliver the project objectives/scope and for the good of customers, colleagues & planet.
- Designing a clear implementation programme, working with the people and communications teams as required.
- Monitoring progress of delivery and updating stakeholders including business leaders on the deliverables.
- Achieving great results by inspiring, engaging and leading others; you make our customers and colleagues feel valued. ▪
- Taking ownership of processes and systems, making sure they are effective and efficient; you spot issues and swiftly find the best simplest solutions.
- Understanding how technology is key to the future of Tesco, making sure digital is part of key decisions.
- Being flexible in your approach, you are able to manage various projects and programmes of work across different areas within Business Support, improving different parts of the shopping trip for customers or simplifying our operations with new initiatives.
- Closing projects down once complete and completing a post implementation review, to understand the lessons learned, sharing these with stakeholders and ensuring continuous improvements on ‘the what’ and ‘the how’ is in place.
You will need
- Previous experience in retail operations
- Financial awareness
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to prioritise
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.