The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Ely
Pharmacy Dispenser - Ely Superstore
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- 10% Discount Card increasing to 15% after every pay for a 4 day period
- Life assurance
- Retirement saving plan
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases
- Uniform provided
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
Discover what it’s like to work in a fast paced environment, where colleagues are focused on delivering a gold standard of service and patient care. There’s a lot more to it than dispensing medicines. Every day you’ll have the opportunity to make things better for customers in all sorts of ways, such as helping customers with their new medicines, providing vaccinations, reviewing customers’ use of their medicines, and checking blood pressure or testing for blood glucose levels. It’s very much about supporting our communities, by making the best healthcare choices available and convenient for local people.
Working alongside experienced Pharmacists and managers, you will receive local management and leadership support in whatever store you are based. Our management team comes from a variety of backgrounds so there is always a chance to learn.
We are looking for talented and driven Pharmacy professionals who can deliver the highest quality healthcare service to our customers and in return, we'll provide a supportive team, detailed industry training and a varied working environment where no two days are the same.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
Pharmacy Assistants are integral to the running of our Pharmacies. We are looking for someone who is a team player, and can take on the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the operation of one of our new modern Pharmacies.
- Applying your technical skills and strong customer focus to accurately dispense medication for our customers.
- Dispensing prescription medicines, ensuring attention to detail and accuracy are maintained at all times.
- Talking to customers and offering information in a confident, friendly and professional manner, providing our customers with a great service, making them want to visit our Pharmacy again.
- Offering appropriate information to customers on common ailments, symptoms and products.
- Taking time to understand the customers’ needs, explaining the benefits of the products in a way they understand and only selling products that are right for the customer.
- Advising customers on the range of Pharmacy services available.
- Supporting and delivering Pharmacy services and the dispensing process according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assessing the legal appropriateness of dispensed prescriptions.
- Dealing with clinical and legal queries from Healthcare practitioners within area of competence.
- Responding to customer queries in relation to prescription medicines, informing the Pharmacist of any complaints.
- Ensuring all dispensary routines and Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
- Ensuring dispensary and consulting rooms are clean, tidy and free of clutter.
- Ensuring all prescription administration is accurate and completed on time.
- Bringing promotional activities and company initiatives within the team to life.
- Carrying out all procedures accurately to protect profit and ensure we trade safely and legally.
- Completing corporate and departmental training.
- Keeping up to date with legal and professional developments in pharmacy.
You will need
- Experience or qualifications gained from working in a Pharmacy environment.
- A desire to train and develop into the Pharmacy field.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please click here
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am or after 9:45 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com