The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Shire Park, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
About the role
Accurately matching Tesco products with competitors, from a shopper perspective, based on Tesco Matching Policy. Linking Tesco products into similar product types to support the logical setting of prices. Working closely with category teams to deliver the right solutions for our customers and our business.
You will be responsible for
- Match both Brand & Own Label products to defined competitors using in-house tools.
- Link Tesco products to similar products using in-house tools.
- Review and update existing data, to ensure we provide accurate information to the business for reporting purposes
- Build effective relationships with the category teams to help them review and understand Matching & Grouping Policies and inform future decision-making
- Manage ad hoc queries related to Matching Policy
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop tools and provide feedback that supports continuous improvement of Matching Policy governance/productivity
- Liaise with external agencies to manage quality of information received – providing expertise & guidance when required
- Balance and prioritise work across short-term requests and longer-term initiatives
- Act as an expert on how shoppers view products when making purchasing decisions
- Remain up to date on relevant ranges and competitor news
You will need
- Attention to detail
- Commercial acumen
- Confident user of Microsoft Office
- Confident communicator – both verbal & written
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams
- Influencing & partnering stakeholders
- Highly motivated
- Comfortable working under pressure
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Team player
- Enthusiasm for retail in all formats
- Experience working in retail or online business
- General admin experience
- Excel skills
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.