The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Product Analytics and Experimentation team sits within the Data & Analytics directorate in the Technology department. Our mission is to deliver insightful and actionable data through reporting, analysis, and experimentation; with a focus on establishing best-practice processes and enabling data-driven decision making across all supported product teams. The Tesco Groceries & Clubcard app and store self-checkout tills are amongst the digital products supported by our team.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading e-commerce business.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
At Tesco, you’ll find a world-class data environment with the Tesco Analytics Platform – all of our analytics, sales and customer data in one place. Our team offers unparalleled opportunities to gain fantastic big data analytics experience while working extremely closely with the key decision-makers in the business.
Joining us means playing a part in defining, building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Working closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists and UX leads, helping them prioritise backlogs, analysing product releases, defining and validating hypothesis worth testing, and making product recommendations.
- Measuring performance against business goals using KPIs and secondary metrics.
- Performing data quality checks to ensure credibility of analyses.
- Solving analytics problems and delivering specific projects.
- Keeping customers as the focus of analysis, insight and recommendation.
- Helping define business objectives/customer needs by capturing the right requirements from the right customers.
- Validating that changes to the business are working as expected.
- Taking defined problems and identifying resolution paths and opportunities to solve them; which you validate by defining hypotheses, and driving experiments.
- Automating routine and regular reporting with efficient technical and personal processes.
- Creating ad-hoc data visualisations following Tesco best-practice.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Working effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and understanding how to contribute to all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- The ability to influence without authority.
- Experience in product analytics positions.
- University degree of 2:1 or higher in a quantitative discipline or relevant experience.
- Commercial awareness.
- Using big data, business intelligence and data visualisation tools (ideally Hadoop and Tableau).
- Being a champion of digital analytics tools (ideally Adobe Analytics).
- Online visitor segmentation and statistical modelling techniques.
- Advanced online data collection using SQL.
- ETL principles and tools (e.g. joins, cleansing processes, tools such as Alteryx)
- Thinking at a conceptual level across a number of platforms (online web and apps, as well as instore).
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter.
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
- Willingness to continually develop your technical skills across new tools and share improved processes.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.