The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Shire Park, Kestral Way, Welwyn Garden City
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
Strategic property management of several key shopping centre assets, and maximising the value of the wider Tesco estate through car park developments, residential disposals and other asset management projects.
You will be responsible for
- Asset management of our main mixed use shopping centre assets.
- Mixed use assets should be fully let with a good mix of tenants, developed or configured to maximise income.
- Manage mixed use assets to to ensure a strong Tesco trading store and interaction within the shopping centres.
- Support the car park development project to sell or develop car park areas to fast food or other retail outlets.
- Support the residential disposal project to dispose of the freeholds of our residential estate with sale and leasebacks, and to surrender leasehold residential units.
- Working on other potential strategic asset projects such as store extensions, downsizes and reconfigurations.
- Working with external consultants, solicitors, tenants and landlords to deliver on projects.
- Working with internal teams (Development, Retail Planning, Cost Management, Property Strategy, Finance etc) to deliver business plans to maximise the design and value of Tesco assets.
- Advising on and managing commercial property issues, having a strong commercial awareness and understanding of what delivers a successful Tesco store and asset.
You will need
- Good knowledge of supermarkets and retail market.
- Proactive thinking.
- Organisational and project manag
- Responsiveness, resilience, influencing and good communications.
- Ideally MRICS or seeking to become MRICS.
- Previous experience in commercial property.
- Previous experience of working up business plans and project management.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.