The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Shire Park, Kestral Way, Welwyn Garden City
Project Coordinator - 9 month secondment
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
As a Project Coordinator, you will work within Business Support to deliver streams of work designed to support and improve our stores and operating model ensuring we always serve customers, communities and the planet a little better everyday. You will drive change and be an ambassador for building trust based relationships and working collaboratively to come up with simple, effective solutions for customers and colleagues.
You will be responsible for
- Supporting the Project Manager to monitor and track next steps, risks and issues from natural work teams and governance groups.
- Supporting the wider communications transformation programme of work so Project Managers are freed up from administration tasks associated with the programme of work.
- Identifying and coordinating critical risks and how to address these effectively.
- Monitoring and gathering data to produce reporting for as required.
- Monitoring and coordinating meetings, processes and tracking.
- Supporting the wider Project Managers across transformation teams as required.
- Being the ‘go to’ person within Business Support for communication transformation reporting and data.
- Developing effective stakeholder relationships with business owners to identify opportunities to improve.
- Keeping up to date with current and future systems.
- Contributing to my team by taking the initiative to support team activities.
You will need
- Analysing and evaluating information and data
- Experience of operations within a store environment
- Planning, organising and prioritising
- MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Data management and attention to detail
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.