The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Shire Park, Kestral Way, Welwyn Garden City
Finance Business Partner - Procurement
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
We are looking for a strategic business partner to the Group Procurement Director, working in the heart of our Goods & Services Not for Resale cost base.
You will work closely with the Procurement leadership team and Finance colleagues to support delivery of our Save to Invest plan, a key pillar of our group strategy, and crafting the strategy for Procurement.
The role will involve:
- Providing big picture thinking through insight & analysis for tactical and strategic projects. To assist in identifying and addressing key dependencies and potential issues to meet or exceed plan objectives.
- Oversight of the Goods and Services Not For Resale (GSNFR) and Waste and Recycling UK forecast, long term plan and budget.
- Providing input into GSNFR procurement idea generation and business case/investment reviews e.g. financial modelling, to ensure profitable initiatives are prioritised.
- Developing positive relationships & trust across the group.
- Communicating accurate information and messaging effectively plus managing complex, challenging conversations to influence others in reaching positive and mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Utilising commercial awareness of Tesco, the industry, competitors, and customers to advise the business in their decision-making and act appropriately in response to market trends.
- Ensuring robust control and compliance applied to GSNFR procurement activities. To contribute to the safeguarding of assets, management of risks and the reliability of reporting.
You will be responsible for
- Supporting the Procurement Heads of Global Sourcing in their understanding of project delivery financial impacts.
- Reviewing and critiquing key business cases to ensure financial accuracy for the business.
- Working closely with all areas of UK business and FP&A colleagues to ensure integrity of financial reporting.
- Finding opportunities and driving actions that deliver these opportunities through insightful analysis.
- Line management of one Finance Manager whose responsibilities include Capital and OPEX savings for the Group as well as supporting procurement in achieving their working capital S2I targets.
You will need
- Qualified accountant
- Excellence at building relationships with cross functional colleagues, utilising strong communication skills
- Commercial awareness of the wider industry
- Experience in effectively managing expectations and prioritisation
- Willing and able to challenge senior colleagues who have a lot of experience in their field
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.