The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Shire Park, Kestral Way, Welwyn Garden City
Packaging Design Manager (12 months fixed term contract)
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
As a Packaging Design Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of Brand and Commercially aligned packaging design, from concept through to delivery. You'll be a custodian for our Own Label Product brands and a design knowledge expert within the business.
The Hiring Manager for this vacancy is Caroline Kelly / Recruiter: Ellie Goldby
You will be responsible for
Being a design guardian for Tesco Own Label Brands, I will lead the design end-to-end design process for packaging projects. I will deliver creative excellence by injecting customer and commercial insight into robust design briefs, managing internal stakeholders and leading Tesco's agency partners to deliver winning packaging onto the shelf.
- Establish clear project plans and budgets to ensure successful delivery (pro-actively managing risk)
- Manage cross functional working sessions to identify and deliver project objectives
- Actively lead design agencies from briefings through to delivery, developing the design strategy and ensuring creative excellence at all times
- Ensure projects follow Tesco design process and Milestone process
- Collaborate with Tesco print experts to ensure design can be reproduced across all substrates
- Art Directing photography shoots
- Manage and prioritize workflow
- Collaborate with our artwork partner to ensure artwork is approved in a timely manner
- Manage project budgets and financial risk as required
You will need
- A passion for design, with a degree or equivalent in Graphic Design or related subject
- 3+ years experience of leading design projects within ideally a FMCG, Agency or Retail environment
- Experience of translating business need into design strategy (awareness of design as a strategic partner)
- Demonstrated knowledge of translating design into print (Flexo, Litho, Gravure)
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.