The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Barry
Tesco Shift Leader - Days - Barry Superstore
Job Reference tesco/TP/167/814938/0
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
There are a lot of reasons why Tesco is a great place to work. Here are just a few of them.
- There’s bags of variety. As Shift Leader, no two days are the same, and with flexible hours and shift patterns, you can work the hours that suit your lifestyle
- We take your development seriously, so this is a great place to get on in your career. You’ll have ongoing learning opportunities, and access to award-winning training, so you can achieve the career you want
- It’s an inclusive place where everyone’s welcome. We celebrate the individuality of our colleagues - because they’re what makes Tesco, Tesco
- Your voice matters, and we’ll always welcome and listen to your ideas and opinions
- We put your wellbeing first, and support is always available if you need it
- Our colleagues are truly great people, so you can be confident that wherever you work in Tesco, you’ll be in good company
Our benefits include:
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank Holidays)
- A 10% Tesco discount card, increasing to 15% every payday for a 4-day period
- Life assurance
- Retirement saving plan
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases like eating out, cinema tickets and family activities, along with spends like holidays, flights and hotels
- An Employee Assistance Programme, to help you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness support, available through Tesco’s partnerships with experts, that’ll help you make the most of your money
- The chance to get involved in a range of fundraising opportunities with our long-term charity partner
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
Serving our customers, communities, and planet a little better every day.
It takes a lot of great people to run one of our stores, and it takes a great Shift Leader to support them all and keep things running smoothly. From helping customers to making sure store operations stay on track, being a Shift Leader at Tesco is a truly rewarding role. You’ll face lots of interesting challenges as you oversee the store from the shop floor and strive to make things just that little bit better for customers, colleagues and communities, every day.
As a Shift Leader you’ll:
- Work in a fast-paced retail environment, with bags of variety
- Take ownership of running duty shifts, coordinating the team to deliver a clean, well-stocked store that exceeds customer expectations
- Be there for customers, listening to them and helping to make sure they leave the store with what they came for
- Look for ways to improve service, including coaching your colleagues and giving feedback to the team
- Guide and support your colleagues in-store, making sure it stays a safe place to work and shop
- Maintain a great understanding of how your store is performing, and assist managers in delivering any actions that help improve the running of the store
- Lead from the front, and set a great example for your colleagues in everything you do
Please note that you need to be 18 or over to apply for this role.
You will be responsible for
- Coordinating the store team to deliver an easy, fuss-free shopping experience for customers
- Supporting your colleagues, ensuring they deliver daily priorities and take regular breaks
- Opening and closing the store, and completing duty cover, ensuring all decisions made are right for everyone’s safety
- Being the go-to person for colleagues in the absence of a manager for day-to-day queries
- Making sure the store is always clean, tidy, and well-presented
- Supporting managers to coordinate seasonal, community and charity events
- Contributing to a great team atmosphere, that’s inclusive of everyone
- Providing great customer service, by listening to our customers and putting them first in everything you do
- Keeping the team well-informed and up to speed on any communications, changes, or updates
- Staying knowledgeable about store performance, and looking for ways to improve and simplify operations
- Coordinating store improvements, and removing any obstacles that might be getting in the way of great service
- Following health and safety routines and procedures, and ensuring colleagues do the same
- Recognising and celebrating colleagues within the team who are providing great service
You will need
- To be a great role model, by always giving thoughtful customer service that ensures every customer’s needs are met
- To build strong, long-lasting relationships with colleagues to create a positive and inclusive team atmosphere that encourages everyone to do their best work
- To be a clear communicator, comfortable with using a variety of methods to keep your team well-informed and up to date
- To be comfortable taking the lead, and overseeing the store in the absence of your Manager
- To be a good decision maker, who’s flexible in the way you think, and comfortable handling change to ensure everything we do is right for customers and colleagues
- To be motivating, so you can inspire your team to deliver beyond expectations
- To be curious, and always on the lookout for ideas and opportunities to serve our customers, communities, and planet a little better every day
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please click here
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am or after 9:45 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, bakery and driving roles.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com